Corsair Community

HX520 trouble

SoH

Hi,

I recently bought a HX520,

It was fine for a few weeks, but now my computer gets stuck on the logo screen when booting and stays there. I tried a different power supply from another computer and it worked fine except I think the HX520 may have damaged my RAM. It wont boot when both sticks are in, and 1 stick wont boot at all. The stick that does boot is also giving Memtest errors so it probably on its way out now too. (this was all done with the other power supply as the HX520 wont boot no matter what configuration of RAM I use, it just stays on the logo screen for gigabyte).

So its looks like I'm out with both of these products.... any ideas?

I've had the Gigabyte P965 DS3, which I've already got replaced with a Gigabyte P35 DS3R so, I don't think its the motherboard, as that was my first guess.

My RAM is corsair twin2x 6400 ddr2 800mhz (2x1gig) with E.P.P tech and that is giving errors on 1 stick and won't boot with the other.

Thanks for the help.

• Corsair Employee

If you have TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

If you have TWIN2X2048-6400

Memory Voltage 1.9, Timings 5-5-5-12

Archived