Corsair Community

CMX1024-3200C2PT will not post in two different systems

My CMX1024-3200C2PT memory will not POST. I have tried it in two different systems and it will not work in either one. I have a set of CMX512-3200C2PT that works just fine in both systems along with a some generic RAM that also works. I have also tried the sticks independently of one another and neither one will POST.

Just need to send these is for replacements.

Thank you,

Russell Tamas

• Corsair Employee
Russell, you cannot mix memory with most systems now, but I would try and reset the BIOS with just these modules installed and see if you can get it to post. What is the make and model of the MB and the CPU speed and its FSB?

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH-AS, with the latest FC BIOS. It is a micro ATX board and only supports 2 DIMM's. I was not mixing memory, I was only running CMX1024-3200C2PT when the problem started.

The CPU is a Intel C2D E6600 at stock speed, 2.4 GHz, the FSB is 1066. The RAM is configured to run at 400 Mhz.

The modules in question were working fine for several weeks and then all of the sudden would not post, no changes to the system. I then installed the CMX512-3200C2PT set I have, which is the same RAM just a 1 GB set and not the 2 GB that is failing, and the system POST's and runs fine. I will try what you suggested and get back to you with the results, but I do not expect a change. Here's to hoping I am wrong. ;)

Archived