Corsair Community

ASUS P5N-E SLI and TWIN2X2048-6400

ralber

Sorry to be so unknowledgeable about this, but I'm trying to determine if the 4 GB of Corsair DDR2 memory I got will work in my new motherboard. I bought a new pair of TWIN2X2048-6400 G and a pair of TWIN2X2048-6400 before I bought my motherboard, which is an ASUS P5N-E SLI.

The MB will boot with any two of the sticks in any slots, but won't complete POST if I put in any more sticks. Do I need to get different memory sticks, change the BIOS system settings, or something else?

FYI I've got a 500 watt power supply, a ATI X1950 Pro PCIe 256Mbyte video card, and an Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8Ghz processor with 800 Mhz FSB and 2Mb L2 cache. I'm not a gamer and don't plan on doing any overclocking. However, I do a lot of video editing and thought the 4 GB of RAM would be useful for that.

Thanks Ramguy.

------- Rick Alber

• 1 month later...

Thanks RAM GUY! I want to follow your advice to set the memory frequency at DDR677 and the Voltage to 2.0 Volts.

In my Award BIOS settings I can specify a memor voltage of 1.920, 2.013, 2.085, 2.178, 2.259, 2.353, 2.424 or 2.517. I assume I should set it at 2.013. Is that right?

In the MEM (DDR) setting I can set the MEM (DDR), MHz configuration option as either linked or unlinked. I guess I should set it to Linked. Is that right?

Are there any other settings I should be looking at?

Thanks!

-------- Rick

Hi RamGuy,

I have a very similar config.. ASUS P5N32-E SLI motherboard with a set of TWIN2X2048-6400G and another of TWIN2X2048-6400 (4 1gig sticks total).

I can get any 3 sticks to POST but the 4th one causes it to refuse to post and I get one sustained BEEP.

I've tried the 5-5-5-12-2 settings that you listed and setting the voltage to 2.0v .. Tried the timing to 667 as well.. I was wondering if you had any other ideas.

The odd thing is when I first tried your settings, it did POST the first time.. I was thrilled and thought I had it.. Closed the machine back up and started to get ready to install things.. Only to have it fail to POST again the next try :(.

• Corsair Employee

If you have our XM2S-6400C4D modules please try these with the memory frequenct set to DDR667.

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

NForce SPP Voltage: 1.5v

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Archived