Corsair Community

Similar Experience

I have a set of the 8888C3 and the 680i, and I was also surprised when my system ran rock solid for the first 2 weeks or so, and then began experiencing random crashes.

The crashes gradually increased in frequency, and eventually failed to POST one afternoon. I could only get it to boot again after removing one stick of RAM.

After memtesting that stick in two motherboards: found errors only in the one stick.

It's funny how, like in your system, the memory runs fine at first and then deteriorates. And 8888C3 runs at 2.4V. I didn't know how dangerous that was when I bought it (noob).

Basically I'm just confirming your experience, and I bet the same thing happened to you with the 680i frying the memory.

I'm waiting for Corsair to process my RMAed sticks, which they've had for 2 weeks already. Hey RAMGUY, get those guys to process my RMA (R240629), please?

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry we do not make a XM2S-8888C3 part; could it be XM2S-8888C4DF?

And I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived