Corsair Community

two dimms won't run

Hey Ramguy,

I have just built a new computer and am running into a problem. I have the twin2x2048-pc8500c5d memory sticks, an evga 8800gts, an e6600 proc, and a evga 680i motherboard(ar). I had been running great for about a little over a month. I had the memory set at 1066mhz and at 2.2v and 5-5-5-15 2t no problems. All of a sudden, my computer started locking up and crashing. I started troubleshooting the components. I can run fine with just one dimm installed (either dimm/slot), but if I install the second dimm, I start crashing again. Quake 4 will crash almost instantly. I set the memory down to 800mhz still won't run two dimms. What else do you suggest? I need to narrow this down to the correct component problem. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I ran memtest on each module for about 8 hrs no errors and ran it on both together for about 8 hrs no errors. I think i have a graphics card going bad, but it was throwing me off because it would only crash with both dimms in. It finally failed with just one in and always happens when something is graphics intensive. Thanks again for you help.

Archived