Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400 won't post in dual channel on XFX MB-N590ASH9

TopGunner

I can get this ram to post and boot individually or together in adjacent memory banks (i.e. in single channel mode) but cannot get them to post in dual channel mode. I have tried automatic settings, but the motherboard settings are nothing like the specs of the memory. I have tried a bit of tweaking with the timings and voltage, but cannot get the motherboard to post.

with the default settings the motherboard has the ram at DDR2400 and 5-5-5-18 timings with 1.8v. I have the Pheonix Bios v.6. Is there any chance I can get this ram to operate at DDR2-800 in dual channel mode? Or am I going to be a victim of the Corsair curse because I thought I was getting a good deal, but should have instead paid a little more for ram that would have dropped in and worked straight away.

Should I try and see if newegg will take this back and get memory that others have had more consistent results with.

Will it post with just one module installed and if so did you try and set the memory voltage to 2.0 Volts?

It will post with both one module and two modules if they are in single channel mode, i.e. in slots next to each other. Changing the voltage does not remedy the post problem. I will just have to live with these in single channel mode or try and get Newegg to take them back.

Archived