Corsair Community

Asus P5N-E SLI and TWIN2X1024A-6400

davidcapi

I bought an Asus P5N-E SLI mobo and put TWIN2X1024A-6400. While in games it suffers random restarts. BIOS has all the memory related options in Auto. Do i have to put 5-5-5-18 timings and 1.9V manually to get them work properly?. I havent try memtest yet, ill do it tomorrow and i still need to check with Asus if i need to do any special tweak on this mobo to make it work properly with a 7950 GX2 card but the main question is if timings should go manually to get it work right.

• 2 weeks later...
many thanks, the only thing I wonder is why 5,5,5,12? while the homepage says its a 5,5,5,15 memory?

-->

This memory has been verified to operate at 800MHz at at 5-5-5-15.

Change the 12 to 15 then ;): I'm obviously not thinking straight here :p:

Although it may say that it has been verified to operate at 5-5-5-15 timings, the product brochure says that it has been tested to JEDEC standards at 5-5-5-12 at 1.9v, but SPD programmed at 5-5-5-15. Not sure why. Scroll down to the TWIN2X1024A-6400 product brochure link on this page...

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52351

Its set to 5-5-5-15 because thats the JEDEC standard for DDR800 1.8v. And since most motherboards go by that, having the ram at timings for 1.9v can create problems with most motherboards.

• 3 weeks later...
I bought an Asus P5N-E SLI mobo and put TWIN2X1024A-6400. While in games it suffers random restarts. BIOS has all the memory related options in Auto. Do i have to put 5-5-5-18 timings and 1.9V manually to get them work properly?. I havent try memtest yet, ill do it tomorrow and i still need to check with Asus if i need to do any special tweak on this mobo to make it work properly with a 7950 GX2 card but the main question is if timings should go manually to get it work right.

I have this same problem with this mobo and memory models. did you resolve the issues with the advice given? also what bios version were you using (or now successfully using)

Thanks,

Justin.

• Corsair Employee

We have tested 4 1.0 Gig modules of XM2S-6400 on Striker Extreme, also tested on P5N-E and P5N32-E SLI.

Load Setup Defaults and then set these settings:

SLI ready: Disabled

CPU Clock: Auto

Mem Clock: Auto

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 28

Hello,

I tryed the following:

5-5-5-15 others auto:

system hangs on bootup and in BIOS, have to clear cmos to change bios settings again.

5-5-5-12 others auto:

same problem expect sometimes it works, I can get into windows but as time passed it got worse and worse.

all auto:

same as first, system hangs on bootup.

ram guy settings:

same as first, system hangs on bootup.

I have various other problems aswell, one PCI card is not recognized, problem with LAN not working and the CPU beeing WAY under its performance while having the correct settings in bios.

Im not 100% sure if its a ram issue though.

Archived