Corsair Community

Bad Stick, Or compatibility Issue?

Dm3k1

I have the twin2x2048 6400c4 ram which i have already retreived an rma number from newegg but just thought i would post here just in case. I am using an Asus P5n-E board. I stuck in the sticks of ram and what happens is it goes to the post screen that says asus intel yadda yadda but freezes on the screen and the system starts idling. I took out the sticks, put one in on dimm two and it posted booted and i am running it now. ive tryed with the other sticks with no luck. so it seems like its the stick, but is it possible that i could change some bios settings with the stick that boots and then try to use the other stick? firswt ddr2 system so i dont really want to be without it for another week (lol you know how it is.)

let me know!

• Corsair Employee
Please try and reset the Bios with the CLRTC jumper and then see if it will let you into the MB Bios and load setup defaults and then set the timigs to the tested settings and set the TRC to 15 we just tested this MB its setting it to 1 by default. see,s to be a bug in the bios.

Archived