Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-E with 4GB of Twinx XMS2 PC6400/800Mhz RAM

storcy

The only thing I can see the EPP actually changing from any manual effort is the upping of the voltage over 2.1v

Will attempt vista on it in a few weeks. but for now i'm jsut left with the 680 chipset / nvidia gpu and creative x-fi driver issues.. 3dmark 06 will sort that one out i hope

• 2 weeks later...

To Fix this issue using assistance from here and Asus

Summary

I removed battery, cleared CMOS and then made the LDT frequency to 4x

I set EEP profiles on, but i still manually forced the 4-4-4-12 2T timing (as the board seems to want 1T on auto) All four sticks still at 400mhz

I then had a 'freezing Mouse' issue inside games. Chaning my x-fi PCI card slot to one with a free IRQ solved this issue.

So I'm on XP2 with a lovely stable system, the memory at rated speeds and a motherboard that is cool and keeps the fans on a very quiet setting.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this should be a separate post. I have a very similar setup and problem, but there are differences.

The fourth memory module makes my system unstable, specifically it turns itself off randomly in three to 60 minutes. Memtest shows no errors with up to three modules, but the fourth (4GB) always tests with errors. So good news is I can always boot up through bios and into windows before crashing using basically default bios settings. I tried some of the bios settings recommended in the previous post on this subject and ended up with immediate blue screen. So I am asking RAM GUY in particular if he has different recommendations for this setup.

MB = P5N32-E SLI

PS = Seasonic SS-700HM 700WT

CPU = Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz 4MB 775

MEM = Corsair Dual Channel TwinX 2048 MB PC8500 DDR2 1066 MHz EPP - total 4096 MB

GPU = 2 Geforce 8800 GTS OC 320 MB GDDR3

BIOS = Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5N32-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0903, 3/5/2007

OP = XP Professional - Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 260

• Corsair Employee

With 4 Gig you will need to set the memory at DDR800 and I would set the timings to the settings listed bellow.

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

NForce SPP Voltage: 1.5v

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Thanks for quick reply RAM GUY! I really appreciate it.

I updated BIOS to 1102 and found all options you listed with the exception of two ... Nforce SPP and CPU FSB. I do not know enough to translate your terms into the bios terms. Options there are NB core voltage, SB core voltage (north and south bridge?), 1.2 HT and CPU VTT. (None of the smiley icons look embarrassed enough to insert here!)

Will you help me?

One more. I have spent a couple hours looking for a definition of "CPU FSB" that would help me pick between the ASUS bios terminology on voltage options. Is "CPU FSB" equivalent to "1.2 HT voltage" or "CPU VTT"?

Which do I set to 1.4 as per this thread.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading over the thread at work and am going to try these new bios settings/timings when i return home. I have a P5N32-E SLI and 2x2gb of xms2 corsair. I think i'm having the same issues as previous people in this thread although XP booted up fine, but i didn't have time to do a mem test. After xp32 booted up fine, i unplugged my other two HD's and attempted to install Vista 64 bit on a 150GB WD raptor drive. The installation went fine and rebooted, then while it was completeing the installation and booting vista up it went blue screen right before the log in screen. Gave me the same error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL". Would i resolve this issue Ram Guy by messing around with the timings? What do i need to do differently because i have 2 stick of 2gb instead of 4 sticks of 1gb?? Halfway through my troubleshooting last night i flashed the bios to 1103 and that didn't do anything. What should i do???

Thanks!!

-Alright over lunch i switched the xms2-pc6400 (2x2gb) for a xms2-pc6400(2x1gb). Vista finished installing and i installed updates and video/sound drivers, and haven't had a bluescreen yet. So the issue lies with 4 gigs of ram. (Before i swapped the ram i tried the 4 gigs with various timings and it still gave me the BSOD during the vista load splash screen.) I really want the 4 gigs as opposed to the 2. What do i do!

I am having the same issue. I just printed off this entire thread and am going to try some of the suggestions here and see if it works.

just an update to the RAM GUY. I posted a month or so back about a bad stick, i've had that set RMA'd through Newegg.com and now all 4 of my sticks work fine, except together. I also upgraded my PSU to a 1000 W. Which made little difference to all 4 sticks working together. Also thru much time spent troubleshooting, I know that all 4 sticks work fine (in any combination of 3 or less), all 4 slots on the MoBo work fine (in any combination of 3 or less used). So now i get to try to do stuff iv never done before (ie, voltage settings and other BIOS stuff.) Always good to figure new things out tho. I'll repost if I get all of em to work, and what solution worked for me.

• Corsair Employee

What is the part# and revision and lot code of your modules?

And with 4 modules I would suggest DDR667 or try these settings if you have XM2S-6400

If you have our XM2S-6400C4D modules please try these.

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NForce SPP Voltage: 1.5v

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Thanks ram guy, i got everything working. Installed the MS vista 4 gig patch using 2 gigs, then installed the 4 gigs and vista 64 bit works great now!! In regard to the fsb/ram ratio, should i just maintain a 1:1 ratio when overclocking? It's 800 rated ram, so i'll be downclocking the ram if i keep a 1:1 ratio with a core 2 duo 6600. For example if i do a 1400 fsb, then the ram should be at 700mhz to maintain a 1:1.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived