Corsair Community

XMS pro wont recognize memory as pc4000

bryanbzl

my bios only allows 2.7 or 2.8v no 2.75 also... in my bios my ram is set to the stock 3-4-4-8 timings.. when i do long CMOS resets it switches some other settings in the timing options below and i changed them to auto setting... should i redo CMOS and try it out with those settings? im sure i already had it at 500mhz at a point.. i just dont know what went wrong.

I would set the voltage to 2.8v and also change the timings to what it says on the label.

Your memory divider should also be cpu/4 (your cpu speed is 2.0/4 = 500 mhz) If you have any questions on how to accomplish this please post back.

Thank you.

yes i know how everything works... im running my 3000+ at 2.7ghz right now and even when it was at the stock 1.8ghz it wouldnt read it... im gonna do a CMOS reboot and then just change the timings to 3-4-4-8 and leave all the other ones to what it puts it too itself.. im running 318fsb/8.5xcpu multi/ 4x hht link and 1.5v. im gonna try what reboot and playing around with some settings for sometime and see if it can post as pc4000 and then the adventure will truely begin ;):

i just got these settings when i redid the CMOS.

they are most likely the cause of my problem.

Trrd - 7

Twr - 2

Twtr - 2

Trwt - 2

Tref - 3

my timing are already set at 3-4-4-8 (other timings that is)

what should those be set too? i cant find the proper settings anywhere.

• Corsair Employee

I am asking what you have set in the MB Bios? But I would load setup defaults and set the timing to the following since you are not over clocking.

CPU Freq. 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org

yes i am overclocking... im attempting to get it to 250mhz because thats what its rated for and i should be able to get to that point. can you help me out with the other settings in the BIOS? i have a DFI LP UT ultra-d board and there are many memory timings that i dont quite fully understand and the defaults arent helping that much... can 3-3-3-8 actually work better than 3-4-4-8. i thought that the looser the timings the more it can handle higher clocks speeds.

Archived