Corsair Community

Stick Death

jonesed

I am following the process from http://corsairmemory.com/corsair/warranty.html to RMA a stick of memory, which states I need a post ID number from this forum.

On March 30, 2006 I purchased the following modules from newegg:

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWINX2048-3200 - Retail

Yesterday one module died. I'm running windows vista, which has been running successfully for over four months. Last night the system blue screened with the message "Memory Management". When the system rebooted, it had a checksum error message. I tried all combinations of valid memory slots and the two modules. The only working configurations where without the bad memory module. All other configurations would result in the checksum error message.

For another test, I inserted the windows vista installation disk, to boot from. That too created a blue screen stating "Memory Management" when the bad module was in the motherboard.

Without the module inserted right now, the system is working perfectly (and I am using it to type this message now). It seems very apparent to me that the memory module has died, and that no further testing is needed on my part to confirm this, unless any further tests are mandatory for this RMA process to continue.

Are any further tests REQUIRED on my part?

Thanks for your time,

Kevin Jones

Archived