Corsair Community

P5B Deluxe - XMS2 Memory Settings

Ken429

I just set up an Asus P5B Deluxe MB with an Intel E6600 processor and 2 GB of XMS memory from Egghead http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145034. I have read somewhere along the line that the memory does not setup at the rated SPD settings on this MB. I think "they" were correct. CPU-Z says under the Memory Tab Frequency - 400.0, FSB:DRAM - 2:3, CAS# Latency - 5.0, RAS# To CAS# Delay - 5, RAS# Precharge - 5, Cycle Time (Tras) - 18 AND under the SPD Tab CPU-Z says Memory Type CM2X1024-6400C4, Frequency - 400.0, FSB:DRAM -, CAS# Latency - 4.0, RAS# to CAS# Delay - 4, RAS# Precharge - 4, Cycle Time (Tras) - 12, and Command Rate 2T. Anyway, I thought I bought the good stuff since it was $30 dollars or so more for 2 GB so do I have to go into the Bios and change settings? If so, which ones. Do I have to change any voltages? The system came up and ran the first try and has been stable ever since (3-days) so I'm happy just getting greedy?

Ok, here I go trying to answer my own questions! I found the Cosair press release for the Twin2X2048-6400C4 memory and it recommends a 2.2V setting. When I go through the Voltage options in the P5B Deluxe Bios manual it does not have a 2.2V option. It has 2.15V and 2.25V option. RamGuy which one is the best choice? Or...am I missing something?

Archived