Corsair Community

Asus P5n-E Sli & Twin2x2048-6400 C5

sgar

Hi all,

about to order the ASUS P5N-E SLI (nForce 650i SLI). Just wondering if anyone knows if its compatible with my RAM ( TWIN2X2048-6400 C5) as the board doesnt seem to be listed in the Corsair Configurator.

Thanks in advance

I personally do not advise Nvidia solutions for Intel CPU's as there are far more issues occurring with these solutions.

I am not saying it will not work perfectly from the install. I am saying that the percentage of issues arising with these solutions vs. Intel chipsets for Intel CPU's are greater and that the Intel based solutions are less problematic.

If you decide to go with this board I wish you luck. Keep in mind that this is a personal opinion from one who performs system integration and has for many years. It is now a hobby and allows me to keep my hands on the hardware which is my first love.

Derek

Problems with the 650i chipset have not been as of yet documented to my knowledge.

That is a good board and you will have great results with it. It basically performs just as well as its older brother for a fraction of the price.

It also runs the Nforce 4 Southbridge, which has not been shown to have the Raid problems.

Is there any reason that the 6400 C5 series would work but not the 6400 C4PRO?

I've tried no less than 9 sticks of RAM in my P5N-E and no luck, and it's the same beep every time -- but it just so happens that all the RAM I can get my hands on (in MANHATTAN, no less) is about one generation short of what the P5N-E appears to need.

Archived