Corsair Community

Prolific driver? - Total data loss?

AMS

I have seen too many posts about this particular issue...very concerning. I have too many docs on my flash card that are pertinent to my job, and now are totally gone. I have used the link you provided others, for recovery software, but none of the five I tried work...if anything, will report errors trying to read data.

Please...is there anything else I can do? I do not care to see the same email posted...I have already read every word...

I am very reluctant to even use this in my field, as how can I rely on it now? There are too many people having the exact same issue, and all you suggest is to try recovering the data, to use the EzRecover and just try again. If it does not work, you will replace it....

How is this making your customer's feel good about your product? What can we do?

Thank you,

Aaron

• Corsair Employee

Aaron,

I would suggest we get your drive replaced based on what you have posted.

And you have to remember that we sell a large volume of this product, more than 50,000 per week and some weeks its well over 200,000 units per week.

While I understand your frustration the number of people having problems is less than 1/2 of one percent.

• Corsair Employee

Thank you AMS!

And yobi

Please try and format the drive from a command Prompt in Windows with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived