Corsair Community

Bad Modules - 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Ch

Stosh

I've seen similiar threads (like the twinx2048)

I bought this memory in August of 2005, from New Egg, (Retail). My system just started randomly rebooting. I thought it might be a driver issue, so I went to reinstall Windows XP, and it kept crashing on install.

I ran Memtest86 and got 7 errors out of 8 tests.

I'm going to fill out the RMA Request form, and please let me know if you need any other information. I will be glad to provide it.

I'm trying to locate the part #, can you please help me with that?

I think this is it TWINX1024-3200C2PT, Is this correct?

• Corsair Employee

Errors in test 5,6,7 or 8 would suggest some other problem,

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

My motherboard gives me limited options for voltage settings. It defaults at 2.6, and I cannot do 2.75, I can do either 2.7, or 2.8.

I am restesting the modules individually, at 2.7

I will give you the specific results of the tests.

2.7 volts worked just fine. I tested each module individually. Both came up just fine no errors. I popped them both back in and ran the tests again. Again , no errors.

I'm assuming I should just keep it at this voltage, and not test at 2.8?

Thank You Very Much for your help. If I have any other issues, I will let you know. Thanks again. :):

Archived