Corsair Community

P5B-Deluxe+TWIN2X1024A-6400 problems.Help me

pdt26

I bought a new computer about 45 days ago and it was running really fine, until monday. The computer just restarted .After that i got some weird errors on Win Xp and than i decided to format my hard drive. Guess what? I just couldn't install the OS, always getting an error message ( blue screen ) when windows tries to install the devices. What could it be? I'm running everything on default. Even WinXP 64 from my other HD could not be loaded ( blue screen ).

I'm almost sure it's a ram problem. What can i do Ram Guy?

My PC:

Intel E6600

Asus P5B-Deluxe Wi-Fi

TWIN2X1024A-6400

Connect 3D 1950XTX

Seagate 320GB

Western Digital 160GB

Seventeam 700W Power Supply

Pioneer DVD Writer

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I'll try it Ram Guy thanks, but why wouldn't the memo work properly with 1.9V? I left my computer in a reseller and the guy told me that one stick is not working but he hasn't tried to change the voltage. Is it commom? Is it a ram or Asus problem? Besides those facts, why i had no problems for over a month?

• Corsair Employee
Yes with this MB I would suggest setting the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts and please Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.1 Volts and the tested settings set manually! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure!

Archived