Corsair Community

Flash drive data corruption

Need More RWHP

I follow the usual. Make sure my digital camera is off before inserting/removing and not to remove from the computer when it is being accessed. Despite following these precautions, I had two data corruptions causing everything to become erased and not readable on the computer or the digital camera.

Why does this happen and is there anything I can do to minimize the chance?

I think you have been doing everything you can, but is this happening from the computer or the camera?

Computer. Pictures taken, reviews fine, then it showed up as 0B after I put it in my reader. I put it back in my camera and it's now showing "no picture available"

It only happened twice over hundreds of insert/remove I have done.

• Corsair Employee

What type of antivirus are you using? And can you format the card from a DOS prompt and bring it back?

(Format (X) /FS:FAT /U) would be the syntax to use, and (X) is the drive letter that assigned to the drive and you can use fat or fat32.

What type of antivirus are you using? And can you format the card from a DOS prompt and bring it back?

(Format (X) /FS:FAT /U) would be the syntax to use, and (X) is the drive letter that assigned to the drive and you can use fat or fat32.

I'm using AVG that's kept up to date. It is always monitoring my PC. After following up w/ data recovery software, I was able to salvage most of my pictures. The SD Card (CMFSD133-1GB) formatted to SD specs just fine using the Panasonic SD formatter. The card itself is like a box and I'm not concerned about the loss of packaging box as I am about the loss of contents.

My greatest fear is that it might strike again and cause yet another data loss.

• Corsair Employee

It’s the nature of the beast!

All types of removable storage have had a history of not being as reliable as a fixed solution, so that being said it will happen from time to time. And knowing that and doing what you can to prevent data loss is the key!

I had a lot of my personal pic's get lost on my last vacation when moving them from my camera to my PC, so it happens and that was with another makers SD card so it happens to all is my point!

Archived