Corsair Community

Need Help eVGA 680i / 6400C4D

HITNRUNXX

Hello, I am having problems and am curious if anyone could help. I have an eVGA 680i motherboard and purchased 2 gigs of Corsair memory. (TWIN2X2048-6400C4D). It shows as compatible in Corsair's memory configurator. I am not overclocking. But this memory refuses to post. I swapped it out with a friend's 800MHz memory (different brand) and everything works fine. I have seen all over the net where some people are having the exact same problem as I am, and others seem to be up and running fine right off the bat. I have updated to the latest BIOS and it made no difference? Is there a bad batch of 6400C4D out there, or is there a way to make this work? Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

We have tested that since my original post. The memory will not post in his system either. His MoBo is an Asus P5B Deluxe board (also showing compatible in the memory configuator). His board got the same results as my board, so it appears to be the memory. We also noticed that one stick fails the post instantly, while the other stick makes the computer come on and just sit there without posting. Very weird deal.

I would like to make a couple of comments...

I was very disappointed that the memory was not working when I received it. This is my first time purchasing Corsair memory. HOWEVER, the customer support provided by RAM GUY, the phone support tech I spoke to today (had a couple questions about the RMA process), and this web site is OUTSTANDING. I honestly don't think I will be switching back to my old favorite after experiencing the caring customer support I have gotten with Corsair. Thank you very much, and A+ for the support!!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I am starting to have some concerns at this point. I have left 4 messages to find out about my RMA status over the last week. I followed all the instructions, and the Post Office says Corsair received my memory on Monday. I can not get any status updates, and nothing from Corsair saying they have received it. Everytime I call, I get either a voicemail asking me to leave a message, or a message saying to call back during normal business hours (although like just now, it SHOULD be normal business hours. It said until 5:30pm Pacific time... So 6:15pm Central, SHOULD be 4:15 Pacific... Why the recording?) Why will no one call me back? I have left 3 contact numbers each time. Nothing. How do I find out what is up when no one will answer a phone?

I routed through the tech support today after posting and spoke to a human. The guy was great and pulled up the information and said you have received my RAM and already mailed out my replacement. So it is all good. I am a little shocked you don't send out an email with updates when you receive and send out RMAs. The tech also said your main line was down and being worked on. So we are back on track with were I expected to be...

Unfortunately, I found out today that my replacement that was "shipped out on Tuesday" and that I would get "Thursday, or Friday at the latest" was, in fact, not shipped. Instead, it is on backorder, and they have an "unknown" date on when more will become available. This means I have to go spend more money on "temporary" memory in order to get work done, until I get the memory from Corsair. Some kind of updates would be nice when these type things occur. The bad information really has put me in a bad spot with my work.

Archived