Corsair Community

Me too....

ryandinan

RAMGUY,

Yes, I did change that setting - it still didn't affect the ability of these modules living in peace together...

Here are the timings I am using:

5-5-5-15 6-42-3-11-5-15

Like I mentioned before - it would appear that with the correct timings (all of them listed above), all the modules appear to work fine, and give no errors in memtest - as long as they are not mixed (a 1024 module with a 512 for example).

You mentioned this could be a memory conroller overload before - but this seems highly odd, due to the fact that I've never experienced (or heard of this) issue, and have had all of my memory slots full on many other motherboards (with mixed modules) with no ill effects.

I just wonder if another matched pair of 2GB would be able to work in the system, alongside the other 2GB matched pair? If it doesn't, then I know it's some issue with my motherboard not liking more than two slots full...

Currently, Im only running the two 1024 modules in my system, with the other 1GB worth of 512's sitting, collecting dust... I'd love to have it in, but the system just keeps refusing... The thing is, I can't return these modules to NewEgg, as it is past their 15-day policy

One thing that may be helpful to you to help dertermine the cause of these issues, is that I got the same error over and over:

Windows kept reporting (a blue stop screen) PAGE_NOT_ZERO. Once one set of modules was out, the problem disappeared. And this was repeatable time and time again. This error seems to either be related to, or caused by the memory.

Thanks again RAMGUY!

-Ryan

• Corsair Employee

We have tested this MB with 2-1.0 Gig modules and 2-512 Meg modules and we only had to set the memory frequency at 667 with a 1066 CPU was the only issue that we saw. But we can try replacing all of your modules if you like!

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

RAM GUY,

Well, I don' think it's necessary to replace all of the modules. I mean, they all appear to be OK - it's just running them together which is proving to be the difficult part... Plus, I'd hate to have the entire system down for a week or so...

I'd like to try another set of 1024 modules next to my existing 1024 modules to see if the problem is related to the mixture of the two, but I have a hard time just letting these 512's collect dust... If there was any way you could apply these 512's toward the cost of a set of 1024's, that would be terrific - I'm sure whatever deal (if you could work one) would be better than the alternative of just letting them sit here...

Of course, I suppose I could try to ebay them as well...

If something like this is possible, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just try to purchase another set of 1024, and try to sell my 512's elsewhere.

Thanks for all your help on this RAM GUY!

-Ryan

Archived