Corsair Community

Just a simple question....or two

Wicz

Hi, i have been an avid supporter of Corsair for the last ten years and have never bought anything but Corsair when it comes to memory, and have been very satisfied so far.

Now i have read a couple of reviews on your new 620watt power supply and it sounds really impressive. However i have a couple of simple questions...

1. Is the PSU manufactured by Seasonic? The reason i ask is that in one of the reviews linked from your website, the reviewer suggests it is.

2. If the PSU is not manufactured by Seasonic, is it anything to do with Seasonic at all or is it manufactured from the ground up by Corsair?

I feel both questions to be totally reasonable and look forward to some reasonable answers.

Thanks in advance :cool:

• Corsair Employee
Hi, i have been an avid supporter of Corsair for the last ten years and have never bought anything but Corsair when it comes to memory, and have been very satisfied so far.

Now i have read a couple of reviews on your new 620watt power supply and it sounds really impressive. However i have a couple of simple questions...

1. Is the PSU manufactured by Seasonic? The reason i ask is that in one of the reviews linked from your website, the reviewer suggests it is.

2. If the PSU is not manufactured by Seasonic, is it anything to do with Seasonic at all or is it manufactured from the ground up by Corsair?

I feel both questions to be totally reasonable and look forward to some reasonable answers.

Thanks in advance :cool:

1. I'm not willing to confirm or deny whether or not Seasonic is the manufacturer of the HX series power supply. However, I will say that if we had chosen Seasonic to build our power supply, we could not have made a better choice, as Seasonic power supplies are some of the most stable, quietest, and most reliable power supplies in the world. Also, there are many similarities between other seasonic designs (M12 line, PC Power & Cooling Silencer line) and our HX series design. Take from that what you will.

2. It is not manufactured from the ground up by Corsair. We designed elements that we desired, made requirements, and shopped various manufacturers. At the end of the day, the one we chose was the one who made the highest quality components, not the cheapest.

Well thanks for the prompt reply. I am however a little puzzled as to why you would rather not confirm Seasonic as the manufacturer after stating that they are among the best manufacturers in the world, in your opinion?

Also Ram guy stated quite clearly, on these forums that Seasonic make the psu's to Corsairs specifications and stick a Corsair badge on them.....so again i find it odd you don't want to confirm what he has already stated but never mind :):

Incidentally i have always looked on Seasonic as a top notch manufacturer as far as psu's are concerned.

Anyway my HX620 is working perfectly, or at least i think it is because i can't hear it :p:

Thanks for another fantastic piece of kit Corsair :biggrin:

Our PSU's are made to our specification, and no matter who we have build the units for us or if we manufacture them our selves they are not just re-badged.

Yeah you confirmed that in another post...

Hence my saying

Also Ram guy stated quite clearly, on these forums that Seasonic make the psu's to Corsairs specifications and stick a Corsair badge on them.....so again i find it odd you don't want to confirm what he has already stated but never mind

From that statement i understood that Seasonic manufactured the psu's with Corsair's specs and then badged them accordingly. I was not suggesting they were simply rebadged Seasonics, sorry for any confusion :o:

Regardless of who makes them, they are fantastic :):

Archived