Corsair Community

Bad Memory VS512MB400

Tom-HH

Dear RAM Guy,

I have the VS512MB400 on an ASUS A8N SLI Premium with suggested RAM timings (manually and automatically assigned in BIOS). The board runs the RAM, but obviously RAM is not working properly. Memtest+ reports errors, especially after a longer runtime or (even worse) after running PRIME95. I suppose thermical problems with RAM.

The same RAM on two friends board reports errors with memtest+ as well. On my ASUS board I ran RAM from Infineon (slower timings) and from MDT (same timings as Corsair) without any problems.

I'm familiar with building PC's and customizing RAM on motherboards. I switched RAM modules between slots and ran single RAM modules in single slots. What can I do to make Corsair RAM work?

THX for your support,

Tom

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Hi there,

checked the modules again one by one on my ASUS board today after adjusting DIMM voltage to 2.70V (and 2.75V afterwards).

Module 1 ran fine in this configuration: 10 h in memtest86+ without any error. Module 2 showed lots of errors after just 45 minutes, mainly in tests 4 and 5.

Did not check modules in dual mode again, because of the errors of module 2.

What solution do you suggest?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Archived