Corsair Community

A8v-x & Twinx1024-3200xlpt

SLAB64

Im just upgrading my system from an old XP 3200 (32bit) to Athlon 64 but wanting to keep my exsisting graphics card (AGP x8) so have opted for an ASUS A8V-X motherboard which still has the AGPx8 slot.

I have a pair of 512MB XLs sticks (TWINX1024-3200XLPT) bought ages ago which im wanting to use in this system as they are great and i wanted to put them to use in a faster system.

Ive ordered the board already but wanted to check if you know of any compatibility issues with the ASUS A8V-X or if they should work fine in this system.

I'll be going for a Athlon 64 3700+ (1024 L2 San Diego ) to run in this system as they are pretty cheap and good value at the moment.

Could you please advise what are the best/recommended timings for the module please.

Many thanks for your help.

SLAB64

OOPS :eek:

Just had a scan through the manual for this board and it seems there is no option to change the DRAM voltage on this board which may lead to problems as i have it set @ 2.8V on my current board as recommeneded by RAMGUY :D: many moons ago.

Does anyone have this motherboard (Asus A8V-X) and can confirm if there is an option to change the DRAM voltage or not as its just no mentioned anywhere in the manual and if there is no option i presume these Twinx1024-3200XLPT sticks will not run too well and/or will not overclock ???

In general, there are no problems with your MOBO's chipset and the XL DIMMS. And, they don't need excessive voltage to OC. So, if you try to OC it will likely be a case of trial and error, the only way to know is to test it. And, your CPU revision should not matter unless you go to 4 DIMMs.

At a glance you should run fine box stock. Anything above that may be an adventure due to the lack of OCing options on the MOBO. Let us know how it goes.

Mike .

Thanks for the quick reply Mike :biggrin:

Just had an email from the supplier who earlier said they were getting 12 in today, they now say they dont have stock of this board and it looks like its discontinued now so i may not be getting the board after all.

If it does come i'll post how i got on for use for others venturing down the same path.

Cheers :D:

Archived