Corsair Community

Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-5400 TwinX (2x1GB) Dual Channel Issue

Kuul_X

Hi

I hope someone can help me.

I have just built a new rig and i am using Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-5400 TwinX (2x1GB). I had some initial issues with booting but after i manually set the timings 4-4-4-12 2t @ 2.1v i could get it to boot with either Dimm in single (1Gb) mode or both Dimms in slot 1&3 (2 gb single channel mode).

After running stable for a week (Running 3dMark06 & Oblivion) i decided to try dual channel again. Dual mode boots and im actually writing this with it in dual channel mode but whenever you stress the system ie Play Oblivion or run 3dmark06 the system crashes. I have run Memtest and all seems clear although it does report the memory as DDR401 in an Nforce4 board.

I have tried to relax the latency in dual channel mode to 5-5-5-15 2t with marginally better (5-6 seconds longer running time b4 crashing) results.

Just for info the MoBo reports 4-4-4-12 @ 300Mhz which i believe is due to the AM2 memory divider working with 2400Mhz CPU so I assume its not running at its rated 667? Please correct me if that is wrong.

Anyway here are the rest of my kit specs. If anyone could help i would be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance.

Kuul

MoBo: EPoX EP-MF4-Ultra, nForce4 Ultra AM2

CPU: A64 3800+ AM2

PSU: Hiper 580w Type R Modular

GFX: ATI Radeon X1800XT

Hard drives: 2 usb sata

DVD RW

Hi

I am the only one i know with DDR2 memory. So testing in another board is out im afraid :(

Just wish i knew some other people who had this board and memory running in dual channel mode.

Would heat be an issue @ 2.1V?

Also i have not seen any other AM2 MoBos that use Nforce4 so comparisons are abit rare.

Edit: No pun intended ---------------------------------------------------------^^

Regards,

Kuul

Archived