Corsair Community

Bad RMA Part(actually crashes memtest)

A little while back I had to do an RMA for a module, and when I got the new one, it was worse than the one I sent in. I made a post a while ago and was told to contact customer service. I did this, and have not recieved any reply. The email was as follows:

Sent : Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:13 PM

To : warranty@corsairmemory.com

Subject : Bad RMA Module (RMA #R119293)

Hello

I had returned a bad module of CMX512-3200C2 (XMS3202v1.2 lot 0330199) and I recieved a module that was even worse(XMS3202v4.2 lot 0451010-14 if it matters). My previous module had only crashed windows 2 or 3 times and had some errors in memtest. The replacement module will not allow me to even boot into windows, and will even crash memtest. I have tried the module in three different computers with the same result. I have been meaning to contact you, but I have not had enough time until now. I am also wondering why I recieved a module that does not even work, when you have quality control that it must pass through. Please tell me that there was some mistake and that this does not happen routinely. I absolutely love the ram that you manufacture, but if the support side of the company is indeed that poor, I may have to stop purchasing Corsair and tell my friends to do the same.

Thank you for your time

Ted Jensen

PS

My system specs are as follows:

Motherboard: DFI LANParty UT nF3 250Gb (BIOS is up to date, and timings are set to your recommended settings)

Processor: AMD Athlon64 3700+ (socket 754)

• Corsair Employee
Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Archived