Corsair Community

Bad XMS3200 cl2 2gb (out of the box)

booted fine when i first installed my windows.

next day, it would get stuck on the boot screen. it would get stuck right after listing the hard drive. it hangs right before Windows xp logo screen. I called up evga and looked at the led diagonstic on the board. the tech indicated that I had bad ram. I installed some generic ram I had and ran fine. to double check, i ram these corsair ram in my other pc, running msi board amd 3200+. it ran into a blue screen error in winxp. I also tried loaded 1 ram in the slot also. the error still existed.

System:

eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

amd 3800+ dual core

maxtor 250gb sata

liteon DVD-RW

evga pci-x 256mb ddr 6600

winxp sp2 all-updates

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

still getting errors. i tested on two different pcs. I got a blue screen at random.

msi amd 3200 kt880

evga pcix 4800+ dual core

so im positive its the ram. i have bought corsair for some time, and never had an issue until now. really strange. i buy from newegg.com all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived