Corsair Community

Return?

I built a new system about 4 months ago. I have a ASUS A8N-sli premium, AMD64 3700 san diego, and corsair xms 3200c2. I could not get the system to post or show video with the ram. Another set of ram got the system running. I was then able to use the corsair ram. Everything was fine until I had to reset my CMOS and now the system will not post or show video. I should have RMA'ed the ram back then.

Does this sound like a RAM problem? Should I return the RAM and get a replacement?

Thanks for the quick response!

I used some other RAM and was able to get past POST. Put corsair sticks back in and I'm up and running. I ran a memtest and got no errors. Double checked and I have up-to-date bios (1009 - newer beta version available but I'm a little leery on using a beta version).

Do you really think I should send the RAM in? Wasn't sure if the problem is something you have seen alot.

I've read other posts and think maybe I should manually set my timings but not clear on exactly what to use. My guess would be 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7V.

Let me know what you think.

Just an update:

I set the timings and voltage as I stated previously (2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7V) and booting to windows and running in windows seemed slower. I ran memtest overnight - it wasn't done this morning after running for 6 hours - and it didn't have any errors yet.

Archived