Corsair Community

RAM compatability

alg

1)Can you adjust your VDIMM to 2.9 volts?

2)Can you manually adjust your latency timmings?

If your BIOS allows you to adjust both settings I would recomend the TWINX2084-3200C2 kit.

If you can only adjust the VDIMM the TWINX2048-3200 or 3200C2 kit should work (whichever is cheaper in your store of choice.) Both use the standard latency timmings in their SPD tables so they should both plug'n play, the C2's just require a bit of 'tuning' before they run at their full potental.

If you can't adjust both settings, you should get a ValueSelect Pair

P10 bios version supports mannual latency setting but I could not spot anywhere to alter the VDIMM/voltage.

Just to double check, under which bios sub section does this option usually appear and/or how can i check the present voltage setting

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just so I understand correctly. If I cannot increase the VIMM. What XMS 3200 RAM can I actually install that will work without issue.

Or do I have to increase the voltage ??

And if so which bios update do I need ?

Oh and thanks Ram Guy but no voltage alteration option just frequency options under 'advanced' 'burn in mode'

• 1 year later...
Longtime after the event, however I purchased 1 PCS 302138 Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 DDR-DIMM 2048MB. Can I increase the timings from the Intel stock settings 3-3-3-8 to 2-3-3-6 without raising the VDIMM to 2.9 ?

You can try, but I doubt it. Didn't you read the posts in your own thread ???

I did actually, however I confused myself reading this review of my MoBo http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/intel-d875pbz/index3.htm which suggests the voltage can be raised to 2.75 which is the rating for the TWINX1024-3200C2 to deliver 2-3-3-6.

I will double check the BIOS options again tonight

Archived