Corsair Community

Twinx 3200C2 won't run in dual channel, GA-K8N-SLI MB

Renmazuo

Hi

This has been driving me insane and was wondering if anyone can help out. I am running a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI MB, Athlon 3700+, XMS Twinx 1024C2, Gigabyte 6600GT and an IDE HDD. I can't seem to run my in Dual Channel as the system won't boot up at all. I can't put them in two orange slots or two purple slots, only one in each an it runs in single channel 64bit when I do so. I'm thinking of getting bigger fans and a new video card to start OCing but I don't want the RAM to bottleneck the system, especially when it is supposed to run in DC.

On the DIMMs: CMX512-3200C2, XMS3202V5.1, 0503049-1, XMS3200, 512MB, 400MHZ, CL2. This is written on both DIMMs so they definitely match. I checked the compatibility list and the MB and RAm are compatible.

The MB is up to the latest revision, changing the power supply to 450W didn't work and I even tried my friend's Corsair LED XMS DIMMs and they comp just won't boot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Also, I just ran AMD CPUinfo and initially Memory Speed Bus read 166MHz. I read one of the links in Ram Guy's sig and discovered it needs to be 200MHz to run DC for DDR400 RAM, I think. I played around with the BIOS and now it's 200MHz. I tried to run DC again and system doesn't boot.

I just ran into the same problem did you happen to find out a solution?

I am running my Mushki_n in the computer right now and seems to work Fine?

Any help would be great I would like to get these to work.

Corsair CMX1024-3200 XMS3200v5.1

Corsair CMX1024-3200 XMS3200v5.1

both 0604279 - 1

Hi

This has been driving me insane and was wondering if anyone can help out. I am running a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI MB, Athlon 3700+, XMS Twinx 1024C2, Gigabyte 6600GT and an IDE HDD. I can't seem to run my in Dual Channel as the system won't boot up at all. I can't put them in two orange slots or two purple slots, only one in each an it runs in single channel 64bit when I do so. I'm thinking of getting bigger fans and a new video card to start OCing but I don't want the RAM to bottleneck the system, especially when it is supposed to run in DC.

On the DIMMs: CMX512-3200C2, XMS3202V5.1, 0503049-1, XMS3200, 512MB, 400MHZ, CL2. This is written on both DIMMs so they definitely match. I checked the compatibility list and the MB and RAm are compatible.

The MB is up to the latest revision, changing the power supply to 450W didn't work and I even tried my friend's Corsair LED XMS DIMMs and they comp just won't boot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Try and set the bios to TOP performance it worked for me for now:P

Will try and run memtest86 to make sure everything is ok.

No responses :(

Never mind, after failing to boot for the last time, the BIOS reverted back to default settings. I took both out and pushed them back in QUITE hard in dual channel slots out of frustration, and left it in there. The next time I booted up, and have forgotten they were in DC slots, I was shocked to see the start up screen read "dual channel 128 bit" :eek: Now the little ****s worked!

Anyway, thanks to the linnks in Ramguy's sig, I configured them to 2.5-3-3-6 and the system is noticeably faster in general, FPS is slightly higher in games like HL2 and CS :)

Archived