Corsair Community

Flash Voyager Utility Doing Nothing..help

WanderingWOW

Hey, I have searched the forums but haven't found an answer to this one. Ok, just got my new Corsair Voyager 2gb drive. Followed the instructions. Got it partitioned with 1.5 gig in secure partition and .5 gig in general partition. Didn't do a password. Restarted the PC and the system see's the .5 gig but the secure one is missing. I click on the Corsair Flash Voyager Utility and it does nother. No menu pulls up...nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times...same problem.

Took it to another computer, loaded the utility software, restarted the system. Plugged in the Flash Drive and same story, only see's .5 gig and the Corsair Flash Voyager Utility doesn't pull up when double clicked on this computer either...kinda at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

Even tried the EZ recovery program on both systems with no luck. It doesn't pull up any menus either. Thx ahead of time for your help with this.

Ward

• Corsair Employee

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

Took all antivirus off system, rebooted, same issues. Sent in for RMA and will send it to your attention for anaylisis. Thx for the help. Also, will contact customer service when RMA# received to see if I can expidite the replacement. Oh yea, on the RMA request form I didn't see any place to put the Post ID# so I hope by putting your name in with the RMA inside the packaging you get it quickly.

Have a great weekend!

Ward

Just checking in. Have you received the flashdrive I sent last week. I sent it to the RMA dept but with a big sign to send it to your attention. Just curious if you have found the same problem with it I had. Thx again for all the help.

Ward:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I seem to be having same problem as this thread. I am based in UK. Just bought 2x CMFUSB2.0-4GB

1st one installed OK [including partitioned into 8MB unsecured; with rest secured with password].

But I wanted two to be installed at the same time on my machine, so I plugged in second. But Voyager Utility appears to be only looking at original Flash Card. So I unplugged original {whilst utility loaded}, and re-partitioned 2nd card with 8MB unsecured (as with 1st, come up FAT, not FAT32), with remainder secured. Unfortunately from that moment onwards, I only ever see the 8MB, with Voyager Utility now refusing to work (i.e. doesn't seem to sense card is a flash Voyager).

Under XP's "Disk Management(local)" it shows 2 partitions : 8MB FAT (Healthy); 3.81 GB Unallocated .. but I can't format this (no option in

"Disk Management(local)") nor using Voyager Utility which doesn't run when I click it.

I tried this on 2 machines (inc. a DELL).

My 1st 4GB flash card [partitioned same as 2nd card] works fine (including password on the secure partition).

I wonder if you support more than 1 secure flash card loaded at same time;

and what I should try next to get the second card to be seen by the Voyager utility (even if I plug it in alone).

p.s. I downloaded the recovery utility, but when I run it, a popup shows "Starting Installshield Wizard....", and then it stays there ... but I see in Task Manager two processes of EzRecover_Corsair_49140.exe [one with 0% cpu, and one with 99% CPU] **but no "application". I even downloaded & installed InstallshiedTransferErrorFix.exe

Archived