Corsair Community

i think i fried my VS2GBKIT533D2

greghaught

intel D945GTPLR

Intel 840

VS2GBKIT533D2

the SPD is for 4-4-4-12 and i was trying to see if i could run with lower latencies :D: . :D: I lowered the cas and couldnt pass post so i cleared the cmos by removing the battery. OK so i reset all bios settings and then tried ras-cas at 3. it worked and passed memtest-86. so i tried lowering it to 2 and couldnt pass post. so i unplugged the power and removed the battery and let it sit for a while and put the battery back in and plugged in the power supply and turned it on and still got a post memory error.

i unpluggedthe power and grounded and tried each module in each slot one at a time and still got post memory error.

is it possible to permanently damage VS2GBKIT533D2 just by lowering latencies in the bios? :eek:

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings, if you have Value Select to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• Corsair Employee
the SPD is for 4-4-4-12 and i was trying to see if i could run with lower latencies

You are asking me something that is not supported with this module. So I suggested setting the voltage and seetings to default or suggested settings and testing the modules one at a time to make sure one is not failing.

You are welcome to try anything you like but I can only officially tell you the tested spec for any part!

Archived