Corsair Community

VERY poor warranty service ! RAMGuy, do you have any pull?

Johnarthur

I purchased 2 512mb Corsair Value Select PC 3200DDR (1GB Kit) from TigerDirect several weeks ago. I am building a new system. I immediately began to have system problems from initial build and narrowed the problem down to one stick of the RAM. Memtest verified that one stick was bad. I submitted the form and received an RMA.

Here's where the bad customer service begins: I had to return BOTH sticks (meaning either my system is nonfunctional until I receive return or I have to purchase more RAM). I shipped return by UPS whose tracking number verified that Corsair received the package on 02/01/2006. On 02/07/2006, I had still not heard anything from company or received replacement, so I called Corsair to check the status. The girl I spoke with pulled up the RMA and said that the product was shipping that afternoon. As of today, 02/13/2006, I still haven't received product or any type of response from Corsair. I once again called Corsair and a rep told me that it would ship from warehouse tomm am and to call back in the am for a tracking number. So, I am looking at another 3 days for shipping until I receive replacement, if the product ships tomm as promised. What was supposed to be a max of 6 business days (24-72hours at Corsair and 3 day shipping)for replacement to be received is now looking like a minimum of 14 business days.

I am tired of waiting for replacement so I went today and purchased a different name brand memory with same warranty and similar price. I will probably try the corsair in my system with new RAM and if it works I will keep it. If not, I will sell it on EBAY. Unless something drastic happens, this will be the last corsair product I purchase.

I am not sure if I am an isolated occurance or if this is standard practice, but I hope someone would look into this and try to improve service for your future customers. If any company reps on here would like to investigate this I will be more than happy to send you my RMA # along with my info.

• Corsair Employee
Wow I am so sorry that should not happen! I have no idea whats going on but if you would like to call us at 888-222-4346 and choose option 2 at the main menbue and ask for Ram Guy I will do my best to get this resolved ASAP.

As posted above, I called the next day to ensure shipping and get a tracking number. The rep was very friendly and apologetic. From my understanding there was some type of human error. The order was received and processed but for some reason it was never "finalized" so that product would be shipped. Three days from speaking with rep the product arrived at my door. I am at work so I haven't had a chance to install.

I was very happy with my interaction with the rep on Tuesday and her fast response has improved my opinion.

Archived