Corsair Community

Module damaged . Need RMA

FrEeFLL

After about 5-6 monnts of work my rams stopped to run.

Now, if i try to turn on my pc ,it starts but the screen is black. I tried my rams with another motherboard, another video card, another cpu and with other systems but the result is always the same.

i don't really know how to solve my problems cause i didn'T buy my rams by a retailer/reseller but i won my modules in the " ACON5 " ( http://www.acon5.com/italy/location.php ) on the 22 of may.

modules : TWINX1024-3200XL XMS3200 1024MB 2-2-2-5 2x184 DIMM Black

I'm really sorry for my english but it's not my motherlanguage. i'm from rome , italy.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have a MB Asus a7v8x-x

Amd Burton 2800+ (2083mhz) @ 333fbs

and TWINX1024-3200XL XMS3200 1024MB 2-2-2-5 2x184 DIMM Black

cpu setting is ALL default.

FBS of my ram is setting on 333 ( becouse i have a ****ly mb ) whit 2.5-3-3-6

i never overclocked my pc.

i just boot my pc with another pairs of rams.....it starts as well and don't give problems for a lot of hours of normally work.

I am sorry but this MB may not support these modules unless you have the option to set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts minimum.

mmm i don't understand anything about volts or other things.

When i win my corsair ram i put it in my pc without changing nothing, setting all by deafault and my pc go perfectly for months.

if i try to see what kind of modules are good for my mobo i find this :http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search_results.html

so i don't think that my mobo doesn't support my ram's modules.

You searched for theAsus A7V8X-X

Recommended Modules Most Popular:VS1GBKIT333 / DDR-333 (PC-2700) / 2.5-3-3-7

Best Performance:TWINX1024-3200XL / DDR-400 (XMS-3200XL) / 2-2-2-5 Other Modules:For a complete list of compatible modules for this system, click here

I know memtest...but the problem isn't the cas latency, the problem is that yesterday the ram stop to work... my pc can't boot.

i've tried my modules on other pc and all of the pc tested with my rams can't boot.

I don't know why u talk about latency , timings or things like this.

From the first time i put my ram in my pc and it begins to work perfectly.

So if u talk about memtest, u have to know that i can't do any test because all of the pc i tried .... can't boot.

Archived