Corsair Community

Corsair XMS PRO3200 problem

dingdong

I bought myself a gig of ram from komplett a few months ago, every thing was running great for a short while then the pc slowed down. I thought it had to be a virus or something so I format it. It ran ok after formating it but still a bit on the slow side to what it was at first with the new ram. I ended up buying another gig of the same ram when i put the ram into the motherboard the first time it runs alright reads that theirs 2 gigs of ram. It then crashes after awhile and wont reboot or even switch on just beeps. The ram I bought was Corsair XMS PRO3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB.

My motherboard is a jetway 939agp

Has anyone got any ideas what I should do?

Thanks

link for the ram: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=310260&cks=PRL

• Corsair Employee

CMX1024-3200C2PRO that is the part#

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

I'll run memtest on them both. If I leave just one of the modules in the pc turns on no problem, This work with either one. Its only when I place the two together the the system wont power up. I'm think its more of a compatilbility problem with my MB than a problem with RAM. If this is the problem is their nothing I can do besides change the RAM. The only thing I found in the manual about install ram was the file I have attached would that have anything to do with it.

The current setting in the BIOS are:

DRAM CAS LATENCY : CL2.5

RAS ACTIVE TIME : 8T

RAS TO CAS DELAY : 3T

RAS PRECHARGE TIME 3T

VRAM : 2.7v

DRAM CLOCK AT NEXT BOOT IS 200MHz

These are the only options I can change.

Thanks ram guy

img1.thumb.JPG.bf00e3fd8506734021109066dae2c6f5.JPG

• Corsair Employee
Are the modules you have the exact same part# and revision? If so I would try them in another system to be sure. And if you are using slots 1-3 try them in slots 2-4 to see if that helps. But if they both work one up but not when installed together and the modules are exactly matched then I would suspect a CPU or MB problem.

Archived