Corsair Community

Getting confused on what works together!?!

jedihobbit

Long day (night) at work, need of java, and feeling like the flu equals need for a wee bit of help getting the compatibility issue straight. :o:

After reading through several pages of information I now know why I have issues trying to do "basic" FSB oc'ing with a stick of CMX512-3200 & a stick of CMX512-3200C2. Together they will boot and I'm able to even push the FSB a little (173/4 vs. 166) and will run in prime95.

But what disturbs me the most is I get the feeling that if I do not find the exact same revision of each to match I am fubar'ed for 2 x 512 for even mild oc'ing?

If so then technology has found another way for me to waste money, as they are useless except as single sticks! :confused: :eek: :(:

• Corsair Employee
Depending on your system, but most 2GB Kits are at great low prices currently. Bare in mind I don't want to start a pricing thread. If you have the extra dollars and your system supports dual channel. Only way to go!!

Actually it would be a 2 x 512 setup and will bite the bullet for a matched set. My question now is which of these would be better for the limited oc'ing the Chaintech 7NIL1 gives TWINX1024-3200 or TWINX1024-3200C2. Basicly FSB and memory "timings" with no multi or voltage.

Would the looser timings of -3200 (3-3-3-8 @ 200ms) be more "forgiving" for a max FSB of 200? Also should the setting be at "AUTO" or "100%"?

Archived