Corsair Community

A7N8X- E Deluxe and Ram?

DesiredOne

I purchased my computer about 2 1/2 yrs ago and received Dual Corsair 1024 Ram with it.

CPU is Althlon 3200xp 400fsb

MOBO is A7N8X-E Deluxe

Ram is cmx512 3200C2 400 MHZ CL2 Rev 2.2

My question is this: Can I add more ram to my system or am I just better of staying with my dual channel setting now. I did purchase ram and remembered I had went here a while ago trying to figure out how to set up my original configuration and saw compatibility issues regarding mixing ram up.

The stick of ram that I purchased is:

CMX512 3200C2 400MHZ CL2 Rev 5.2

One thing I do not understand is why this is not stated if you purchase more ram for a system and the Rev # will make it not run. I am gathering this by stuff I have read on here. If I am wrong about rev than it looks as though I can run this ram.

Anyhow any input would be appreciated.

Also I have decided now that keeping that ram as a back up could be an option and just buying twin 2G ram stick. With this improve my system performance even more? Also any recomendations on which ram to get for this system?

Desi

• Corsair Employee
To go to 2.0 Gig of memory it would be best to replace what you have now with one Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance. I would NOT suggest mixing 512 Meg and 1.0 Gig modules in a dual channel configuration.

Archived