Corsair Community

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D w/ Corsair CMX1024-3200C2PT

humidity

Hello. I just bought this new memory stick (Corsair CMX1024-3200C2PT XMS3202v2.2). I currently have Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT installed and is working perfectly. I decided to upgrade to 2GB of ram. I have the TWIN1024 in the first 2 dimm slots and I added the CMX1024 in the 3rd dimm slot. Once I installed the new ram, all my HDDs and fans all powered up but my power light flashes on and off and nothing is displayed to the screen. Then I take the CMX1024 out and it works fine again. Do I have a bad memory stick? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Specs:

AMD 3700+

Antec TRUE480

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D

P.S. Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but all I was able to find was that people actually got to boot up their computers but ran laggy or crashed, which mine is not really booting at all, or at least visibly on the screen.

• 1 month later...
Hello. I just bought this new memory stick (Corsair CMX1024-3200C2PT XMS3202v2.2). I currently have Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT installed and is working perfectly. I decided to upgrade to 2GB of ram. I have the TWIN1024 in the first 2 dimm slots and I added the CMX1024 in the 3rd dimm slot. Once I installed the new ram, all my HDDs and fans all powered up but my power light flashes on and off and nothing is displayed to the screen. Then I take the CMX1024 out and it works fine again. Do I have a bad memory stick? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Specs:

AMD 3700+

Antec TRUE480

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D

P.S. Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but all I was able to find was that people actually got to boot up their computers but ran laggy or crashed, which mine is not really booting at all, or at least visibly on the screen.

your lucky. I have the same mobo, OCz modstream 520w, and Corsairs twinx 2gb plantinum, but my pc just locked up when my buddy went into the bios. And I can't figure out if its the memory which i'm pretty sure it is or something else.

Archived