Corsair Community

errors in memtest86+. need postID # for RMA

popescuracer

Hi, i first noticed the problem when i was playing games. My pc would freeze and get a blue screen. I ran memtest86+ and get 2 errors. I would please like a postid # so that i can rma my memory sticks. Also, i would like to ask if i get memory from to use before i send in mine as i wont have any memory to use while i rma it. Thanks.

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set.

I have a 2 512mb sticks. i have value select ram, vs512mb400 lot #0312864 one one stick and vs512mb400 lot # 0433005-0. I am using asus a8n-sli deluxe and running 200 mhz(stock cpu speed) with ram timing displaying 2.5 3-3-8(also stock).

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived