Corsair Community

Bad Memory?!?

robert_w_ark

I recently purchased a 1GB Stick of Corsair XMS Memory. The model number is CMX1024-3200C2. I bought this stick to boost my 1GB of memory to 2GB of memory. My old stick of RAM is XMS, but it is CMX1024-3200C2PT. This black one, the newest one, isn't working on my mother board, even though I know it should. Windows gives me the BSOD upon using this 1GB stick, and says "MEMORY_MANGEMENT" as the error. I have tried switching the Memory stick to different slots (Without the good stick) and it doesn't seem to work what-so-ever. Now, I know my motherboard should support these 2 sticks (at least I think..), so why is it giving me this error? Is there a module problem within the stick of ram or something? MEMTEST86 doesn't even scan it. Just sits there. I even let it stay up all night, and there was nothing. So something has to be wrong with this stick.. I'm not too much of a Guru in hardware, but I still know what will work and what wont. I'm sure this should work..

Why is it giving me the BSOD? Thanks, -Rob

Can you tell me our modules part# and lot code and revision, (How To Read the Memory Label) and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Here is my memory information:

(Old Module, Works fine)

Part Number: CMX1024-3200CPT

XMS Number: XMS3202v1.1

LOT Code: 0433002-1

1024MB, 400Hz

(Defective Module, doesn't work at all)

Part Numer: CMX1024-3200C2

XMS Number: XMS3200v1.2

LOT Code: 0543065-1

1024MB, 400Hz

My BIOS Settings are all on default. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 (nForce 3)

As stated before, when using both memory modules, and starting my computer up, windows will come up with a BSOD with the error of "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" and dumps physical memory. This happens at least within the first two minutes of loading windows..

When using the new one by itself, I have the same problem as above.

When using the old one I already had, I can run my computer perfectly fine.

Please let me know what you can do. Thanks, -Rob

Archived