Corsair Community

Corsair 2GB PC3200 DDR400 Desktop memory

Dizzap

Would the Corsair 2GB PC3200 DDR400 be compatible with my Hewlett Packard pavillion a430n with AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.19GHz. I already have 512MB of Ram. If this isn't compatible then do you have any suggestions. Im using my computer for gaming. Would like to at least have 1GB of memory.

Would the Corsair 2GB PC3200 DDR400 be compatible with my Hewlett Packard pavillion a430n with AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.19GHz. I already have 512MB of Ram. If this isn't compatible then do you have any suggestions. Im using my computer for gaming. Would like to at least have 1GB of memory.

It is not recommended to mix different types or sizes or revisions of memory modules.

What's more, the RAM GUY advised you against using PC3200/DDR400 memory on your HP system because although the system supports a 400MHz FSB CPU, its memory support is limited to PC2700/DDR333. This happened because the 400MHz FSB processors for Socket A were introduced before JEDEC ratified their DDR400 standard. Besides, HP had to conform strictly to JEDEC standards which existed at the time that system was manufactured.

Archived