Corsair Community

Corsair Memory Compatibilty Utility Question

Ti03

I have an ASUS P5ND2-SLI DELUXE that i ran through the Utility, it gave me two recommended module suggestions, both of which were the same part but for different reasons. So far so good. It also gave me a third option; the scrolling list of other compatible Corsairs modules. Also so far so good.

My question is whether the recommended modules are compatible with all of the "A" "B" "C" categories used by ASUS to develop its Qualified Vendor List for approved memory. Basically these capability categories itdentify whether module(s) will:

A* :Supports one module inserted in any slot as Single-channel memory configuration

B* :Supports one pair of modules inserted into eithor (sic) the blue slots or the black slots as one pair of Dual-channel memory configuration

C* :Supports 4 modules inserted into both the blue and black slots as two pairs of Dual-channel memory configuration

Heres the link to the ADObe files of the ASUS OVL List

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&model=485&modelmenu=1

I note with some trepidation that the scrolling list offered by Corsair is significantly larger than the QVL List by ASUS and is the same for all of the ASUS P5N Mobo's.

http://compatible.corsairmemory.com/partner/asus/memorysearch.aspx?partnerid=42&modelid=1254&IDU=

Dont get me wrong I happy as a clam thats the case; but I want to be sure that the scrolling list is "compleltely compatible" with the mobo in all configurations so I can make an informed decision on what Corsair module to buy.

I'd like to install 2 Gigs and if i can do that in a less expensive pair than an XMS bundle that may be a way to go. Now having said that it does beg the question as to whether 4 of the TWIN2X1024A-5400UL would be bettter in the long run from a performance standpoint.

Thanks Ram Guy

I DID run it through your utility! ;): Thats what my whole point was; it seems as if it has a whole bunch more modules than ASUS. I just want to know if they will function as singles, pairs, and mixes in dual or single channel configuration as ASUS tested theirs formy particular motherboard. Now I'm just a confused as ever.

I guess in a round about way i'm hearing the Corsair Utlity does evaluate for all possible uses. I'm sorry for being such a newb, its alot of stuff to absorb, and its only one part of the whole rig. Thanks to both of you!

Merry Xmas!

Archived