Corsair Community

Bad PC2100 Module

John Hand

I tried TSExpress but got Server Eror listed below. I believe I need a RMA number to replace the bad module.

Case# 103332

Processor = AMD Athlon XP 1900+

Power supply = Power Man HP-D301GFS

Video Card = 64MB Leadtek nVidia GeForce 3 TI500 AGP w/DVI & TV Out

The computer screen went black and monitor went into standby mode. I have 2 modules for a total of 1 GB RAM. I swapped video cards and no help. I reinstalled original video card. I then removed one module and the system started normally with 512 MB RAM. I then installed the removed module into the slot of the good module and the system would not start again. I get a single beep that continually repeats when I try to boot the system. I reinstalled the good module and the system works normally. I purchased the system Nov 17, 2001 from ABS Computers and it has been working fine until now.

Next step on screen 5 gives server error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String or binary data would be truncated.

The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.

The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

Line 442:

Line 443: sqlConn.Open()

Line 444: sqlComm.ExecuteNonQuery()

Line 445: sqlConn.Close()

Line 446:

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_d.aspx.vb Line: 444

Stack Trace:

[sqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be truncated.

The statement has been terminated.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +786178

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +684790

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +207

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1751

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +107

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +570

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +134

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +415

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +135

ram_support_d_aspx.UpdateCase() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_d.aspx.vb:444

ram_support_d_aspx.cmdSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\ram_support_d.aspx.vb:130

System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +78

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5670

Archived