Corsair Community

Memory Module Crashs System

gonzbob

Ram Guy, This is the first time I've used this forum so be patient with me. I built a new system and installed Windows XP on it. The system is about a month old. I'm using an Intel D915GAVL mother board with a Pentium 4, 3.4 GHz processor and two Corsair Value Select 512MB 400 memory modules.

I was doing fine for about 2 to 3 weeks when my system crashed with a Memory Management problem. (Blue Screen) At first I thought it was an open file problem and a chkdsk or a reinstall/repair would fix. I messed with it for a couple of days and finally I decide to take out one of the two memory models. This of course fixed the problem. I'm now runing on one 512 memory module and doing fine. I'm hesitant about installing the other module because I fear that it may damage my OS. Does this qualify me for an RMA.

Regards, Bob Gonzalez

• Corsair Employee

Please try the following settings. You can set them in your BIOS, if you have trouble locating one of the settings consult your manual or please contact the support team of your motherboard manufacturer.

DRAM Voltage (also called DDR VOLTAGE): 2.75

--------------------

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Archived