Corsair Community

Memory Problems

seanet

Hi,

I am running an Abit IC7-G m/b with a P4 3.2gb processor and 2x 512 TwinX-XL Platinum 1gb modules. All has been well until a couple of weeks ago when the system suddenly became very unstable to the point that it could not be used without rebooting almost as soon as Windows had completed booting.

The bios is on auto settings, nothing has changed.

I've downloaded Memtest (from the links on here) and running in dual mode, shows lots of errors very soon into the tests. Putting the RAM into single channel mode, does not immediately show errors, and the system is more stable, but still crashes every couple of hours or so.

No overclocking has never taken place, and no new hardware was added before these problems began.

Please advise, where do I go from here?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then leave the timings set to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived