Corsair Community

Cmx3200c2pt & Asus A8n Sli

Duration

Did you purchase a Twinx set and are the modules you have the same exact part# and revision? And what slots do you have them in and how many modules do you have total?

Hello!

I have two modules, and I have purchased them separately (it was not a twin bundle) but in the same time, so they should be the same revision?

Will check in the computer later!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, your two modules are both of different revision numbers - one is Revision 1.4, the other Revision 1.5. Also, running memory in the two slots nearest to the CPU will disable dual-channel operation - and not only will that disable dual-channel, but will also disable DDR400 operation as well if both of those modules are double-sided.

In other words, you're running your memory in single-channel mode - and at DDR333, at that.

To enable dual-channel operation on that Asus (and most other dual-channel) motherboards, your memory modules must be identical in every way: speed, latency, voltage, amount and revision number - and they must be placed in alternating slots (i.e. DIMM1 and DIMM3). The exception is if you have an MSI dual-channel motherboard, the memory modules must exactly match but the two matching modules must be placed in adjacent slots (DIMM1 and DIMM2, or DIMM3 and DIMM4 - but not DIMM2 and DIMM3).

As for the detection of CAS 2, remember that the 3200C2 modules use JEDEC-reference SPDs. This means that if the memory clock speed is DDR400, the SPD will set the CAS latency to CAS 3-3-3-8. (In your case, since your system defaulted to DDR333 operation, the SPD detected your timings as CAS 2.5-3-3-7 @ DDR333.) The SPD-detected timings will be CAS 2 only at DDR266 (CAS 2-2-2-6, in this case).

Archived