Corsair Community

BSOD please help

sirphatsalot

I randomly get BSOD every so often for no apparent reason. I have tried everything. I got a new power supply but that didn't help. I reinstalled Windows XP multiple times. I disabled certain ports in the bios that I wasn't using. (Serial, audio etc.) And I did a selective start up with only the minimum programs running. But I still get random BSOD. None of the IRQs seem to be overlapping either. So now I'm assuming it is a ram issue. My motherboard is EPoX EP-8KDA3+PRO and the ram is CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) VS1GBKIT400. For some reason the motherboard makes the ram run at 166 instead of 200 unless I assign 200 in the bios. Either way, I get BSOD. I have tried switching the Dimms in other slots but it didn't help. I ran memtest and there were no errors. My last resort was to only use 1 stick of 512 mb instead of two. Sadly, that did not help either. Please help. There’s nothing more frustrating than random BSOD. Thanks a lot.

I've been using the Nvidia unified drivers for my motherboard. Should I use the drivers that came with the motherboard instead?...I just can't figure this out and i'm all out of ideas. There is very little information about my motherboard on the web.

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived