Corsair Community

Bad Moduls

cheesewiz6

I am about 99.9% sure I have a bad modual in a Corsair TwinX 2x512 Kit Model # CMX512-3200C2PT I bought from ZipZoomFly. It wasn't a huge deal when all I was playing was Lineage 2 thats why it took me so long to trouble shoot because in Lineage 2 I had no stability issues. But then I got a new game today Bet on Soldier and in inteanse action serieses I would get a BSoD. The message was Machine_Check_Exception error. Did some research and discoverd one of the major culprets could be bad ram. Must people where tsting with ramtest86+ downloaded it and gave it a shot. First test with both sticks about half way through yealded 3000 or so errors. Removed stick 2 for second test no errors generated throught the first test so i stopped. Put in stick 2 and halfway throught the first test 300 errors. So based on my test I beliave stick 2 is DOA just didn't figure it out because I don't multi tast much and at the time was not playing a very demanding game (windows ran great). I have had them for 2 months and am outside ZZF's return policey so I am going to have to RMA to corsair. Before anyone comments I know I missed spelled some words. I also just put in 2 gbs 2x1 gb of the k word (XXXXXXXXX) tested flawless. I am open to sugestions but I really think a rma is in order. TY Ram Guy you rock!!!!!!!

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived