Corsair Community

Gateway E-4600 Ram?

fujidust

Does anyone know what ram to use with a Gateway E4600? I believe it is standard PC800-40 RDRAM. I am not sure. It is not my comp. Anyway, I have Corsair RDRAM in my PC & it kicks Giant arse. Ram guy or anyone else (that knows), can you help me by providing the correct Corsair p/n to order? I am hoping to drop in 2 sticks @ 256 MB ea. Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Gateway does not make there product info public but if you can get the SN# I think you can search the site and fine out more specific's. Also it would really help to know what's in the system now and what is the chipset?

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe this will help? This what the S/N off the Ram that came with the system. It appears to be standard PC800-45 sticks but, you would know better! SAMSUNG 0117H 64MB/4 MR16R0824BN1-CK8 800-45 101 Vrimm3.46V @TurboMode x 4 FSB169.14MHz(18 degrees Celcius) Here's a pic: [IMG]http://www.kawachi.zaq.ne.jp/overclocker/rimm0117h.jpg[/IMG] Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Again, I would like to replace these or add to them to achieve 512 MB total. Thank you in advance!!! :D:

• Corsair Employee
That module is a -45ns part, so I would try and match it. Our part# to look for would be CM616DR512-800. [URL=http://www.samsung.com/us/Products/Semiconductor/DRAM/RDRAM/RDRAMmodule/NormalRIMM/MR16R0824BN1/MR16R0824BN1.asp]Samsung MR16R0824BN1-CK8[/URL]

• Corsair Employee
Well I don’t show that on the list but there might be a reseller who still has stock. What I do show available is the single sided version of 256Meg or CM616DR256A-800 and that may not work in your system. Unless it will see a 512 Meg module I would not suggest it.

Archived