Corsair Community

Standard 6-channel Lighting Node Core question...

I have the standard 6-channel lighting node core controlling 4 Corsair LL120 fans.  I built this system about 4 years ago to a Asus motherboard.  Everything worked great.  
Fast forward to August of last year (2023) and I replaced the mobo with a MSI motherboard.  Again, everything worked great, except it appears I cannot control the fan speed anymore.  Before I replaced the mobo, this thing ran so quiet I used to check to see if the fans were even working, which they were.  Now it sounds like they are all running at high speed.
I'm running the current version of ICUE and and current versions of all firmware for my set up. 

I could have sworn an earlier version of ICUE allowed me to control fan speed (which I rarely ever had to work with) but now, it appears my ICUE software does not have any fan control settings.  (see attached screenshot).  

Did something change in ICUE running with the standard 6-channel lighting node or am I imagining I was able to control the fan speed.  Do I need to upgrade to the Commander Pro for the fan control feature to be available?  Or am I missing a setting in the ICUE software?

Corsair Lighting Node set up.jpg

With the Lighting Node core you can only control the RGB settings of your fans. You probably have the PWM side connected to your mainboard. It may well be that you are now running a different rpm. To control both via the icue you need a commander core xt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, muvo said:

With the Lighting Node core you can only control the RGB settings of your fans. You probably have the PWM side connected to your mainboard. It may well be that you are now running a different rpm. To control both via the icue you need a commander core xt.

I anticipated this answer Muvo and appreciate you taking the time to reply.  I have already ordered the Commander Core XT.

Thanks again!!

No problem, if you have any questions just ask 😉