Corsair Community

Strange ICUE performance issue on 7950x

Go to solution Solved by Filippo980,

Good morning everyone, I'll start by saying that I love Corsair products, and as you can see from the attachments I really love your products, and the bad luck is that I ran out of budget otherwise I would have also bought your other products.
Problem:
I installed the ICUE software to manage: ICUE H150 Elite Cappellix XT, 4 DDR5 RAM for a total of 128 GB Dominator Platinum, the fans and LEDs of the Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW RGB case, the M65 mouse and the K55 RGB PRO keyboard. I'm not an expert in CPU overclocking, but while I was doing some benchmarking with CPU-z, v-ray bench and cinebench 24 I noticed that if I close the iCUE software, there is an increase in performance, nothing scary, but the cpu on the CPU-Z benchmark (ver17.01.64.) goes from a score of 16300 to 16600+ (validated with cpu-z) I have tried many times. I tried setting the cooling to EXTREME from the iCue software, but I don't exceed around 16350 in CPU-z.
I also had an improvement in Cinebench and V-ray bench, if you need the results, I can repeat the tests.

I was wondering if I did something wrong or if this is normal.

Thanks for your help.

I hope you like my PC

Filippo

WhatsAppImage2024-05-10at16_10_09.thumb.jpeg.1e1efe7d5e162ad36aa6d06e945aa194.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 15.52.08 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 15.52.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 15.52.30.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-05-09 124942.png

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 16.10.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-10 at 16.10.29.jpeg

Posted (edited)

This is normal and those are very small differences in score for those two benchmarks. The cpu-z bench is very sensitive to any other processes in action and even with CUE closed you may see day to day variation. Cinebench (any version) usually causes you to hit the power limit and subsequently downclock. This makes your score dependent on your CPU’s ability to run as fast a possible just under the power limit. 

In both situations you are running a max cpu usage test. Anything else running decreases your score. Open up a browser window and you drop points. Start killing of Windows services and you go up. Neither is important unless you are trying to register a competitive score for posting. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

• Solution

Thanks for the reply, but the performance loss isn't that small. 320 points on CPU-Z  is about 2% If I do rendering and over 24 hours of calculation I lose 2% of the time, this is a major loss.

I hope that with the new driver versions, they will fix the problem.

I wish you a good day

Filippo

1 hour ago, Filippo980 said:

Thanks for the reply, but the performance loss isn't that small. 320 points on CPU-Z  is about 2% If I do rendering and over 24 hours of calculation I lose 2% of the time, this is a major loss.

I hope that with the new driver versions, they will fix the problem.

I wish you a good day

Filippo

sorry I made a mistake, 320 points are not 2%