Corsair Community

iCue - More issues...

Posted (edited)

I currently have the latest version of iCue, according to iCue. 

I've experienced so many issues, bugs, and problems with this software over the years, and even recently, that I couldn't possibly list them all, & if I did, i'd publish them as a book, & no one would want to read it anyway. So, i'll simply list the most pressing one currently, and a question/issue that someone may be able to resolve here. However, I will say that of all the programs i've used, for the pc's i've built over the years,"iCue" is, in my humble opinion, one of the WORST i've encountered. I'm no "expert," but it defies logic, is counterintuitive, doesn't often hold settings, doesn't reflect what you set it to, and almost has a mind of its own. It's so bad at this point, that i've already decided to move away from corsair entirely whenever I next need a cooler, or keyboard, or etc.  It actually seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Your experience(s) may differ, but this has been mine. 

In any case: 

1. In iCue, no matter how many times I set the fan profile to "Extreme" under the "iCue Link 150i LC" section of the software, any time I lock my pc, & return after a few hours, it is resetting the fan profile to "Balanced," but ONLY for ONE of the fans..."Fan 1" (fan numbering and layout is another issue, & iCue makes no sense with it, even when I tell it what is what, it doesn't reflect that in RGB setup tab...another issue, another time). Example: iCue Software > top bar > iCue Link 150 LCD" option > below for each drop-down box > choosing "ICUE LIN... Extreme" beside each section (fan 1,2,3, & Pump) > maintains setting > lock pc for any length of time > unlock pc > Pump, Fan 2, & 3 still "Extreme" while Fan 1 has been changed to "balanced". (Also, it sometimes lists the Pump at the top, fans below, then I just noticed it changed it again to fans descending order, wiht pump at bottom...). 

2. Is there any way, to save my custom lighting profile for the 3 fans, & pump, to the device memory? I know I can save their pre-set lighting profiles, such as "rainbow," or etc., but there is no option for the pump & radiator fans to save my custom rgb profile, and as such it either goes "black" when I log off, or I can apparently use their pre-sets and they will save to device memory. I CAN save a custom profile to my K70 Keyboard, but not the pump/fans. The only options to choose when selecting "Device Memory Mode" for the H150i, are all pre-sets, no other options. 

3. No matter how many times I go in, & use the "wizard" (lol...uh-huh) to organize the fan layout, 1, 2, 3, etc. (left to right from plugs at one end), when creating an RGB profile, choosing what should be the correct corresponding fan, results in the incorrect fan being chosen. I've learned to live with it, but in all honesty, this seems like a very simple process that iCue should be able to handle, among others. So, either iCue's information is completely misleading and i'm completely misunderstanding every aspect of it, or it's just another issue with iCue. (I call it "IQuit" sometimes because of the absolute frustration with it and desire to quit using it). Example: top menu > System Hub option > run wizard to do as it says to define what fan is what "run setup wizard or use assignment view to configure order of detected devices"     > i run it > fans still listed incorrectly when setting up RGB profile and choosing what should be #1, or 2, etc., and it is a different fan than expected... 

In any case, i've made countless searches on the net, to find answers, and so far, none have been specific enough to my issues to be helpful, or sometimes they are "Yes, you CAN save your custom H150i RGB profile to iCue, just (go here, and click on this)," but those "click on this" options don't exist for me, and for many others apparently, based upon the replies i've seen. As such, I can find NO definitive answers, nor solutions. 

I realize that other programs, or hardware can often cause conflicts, etc., but some of these issues are just plain bad program behavior, inconsistencies, illogic, and crap. I mean, what is required to get iCue to actually work correctly, work correctly consistently? Do I need to get a priest to come in and bless it? Perform an Exorcism? Smh...

Any info. would be helpful... 

Thanks...

Edited by Bill_Epstein

Adding: Went in to alter the LCD screen colors...going fine.,..bam...crash and error report pop-up. Simple actions. Just felt like throwing this in here...

Short Version:

1 & 3 -> Anyone with a pre-existing CUE Link hub that was set up prior to CUE 5.14 and the FW expansion to 24 devices needs to do a clean install of CUE. This has been discussed at length elsewhere, but in effect the fan enumeration changed when it went from 1-7 and 8-14 to 1-12 and 13-24. Lots of things tied to that identification. Export all your valuable profiles, clean install, then import your profile exports. Things will not work right until you do. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/explorer/diy-builder/blogs/addressing-over-current-protection-issues-expanding-the-icue-link-system-hub-to-24-devices/

2) You should be able to save basic custom patterns like static, wave, ripple, etc. to DDM mode and the CUE Link hub and half the point of DDM is make it work like the keyboards with an active save mechanic (whether you like that or not). I’ll try and test some combinations later today. What’s your hardware?  CUE Link AIO and QX fans?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Short Version:

1 & 3 -> Anyone with a pre-existing CUE Link hub that was set up prior to CUE 5.14 and the FW expansion to 24 devices needs to do a clean install of CUE. This has been discussed at length elsewhere, but in effect the fan enumeration changed when it went from 1-7 and 8-14 to 1-12 and 13-24. Lots of things tied to that identification. Export all your valuable profiles, clean install, then import your profile exports. Things will not work right until you do. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/explorer/diy-builder/blogs/addressing-over-current-protection-issues-expanding-the-icue-link-system-hub-to-24-devices/

2) You should be able to save basic custom patterns like static, wave, ripple, etc. to DDM mode and the CUE Link hub and half the point of DDM is make it work like the keyboards with an active save mechanic (whether you like that or not). I’ll try and test some combinations later today. What’s your hardware?  CUE Link AIO and QX fans?

1. "You should be able to save basic custom patterns like static, wave, ripple, etc. to DDM mode and the CUE Link hub..." 

So, you just confirmed what I said, regarding not being able to save custom (not pre-sets) to the device memory for the LCD/Fans.

2. "...half the point of DDM is make it work like the keyboards with an active save mechanic..."

It doesn't work like the keyboard, apparently, in that I have a custom RGB lighting profile on the keyboard, and could, and did, save it to the keyboard's device memory, and it works to reflect it. So, it really isn't working like the keyboard, at least in THAT respect. 

3. " ...(whether you like that or not)..." I'm assuming this was your attempt to be "snarky." If so, it neither reflects well on Corsair, nor your forum...fyi. Many of the issue i've experienced, are not simply dismissed as "dislikes" (despite your suggestion), and many are measurable, inconsistencies, illogic, and buggy issues that cause other issues. However, for the sake of the point. I came here to get info. share my info., and see what I could discern. Your suggestion about "fresh install" is something to be pursued, considering I was using iCue for only the K70 Keyboard, prior to recently purchasing the H150i. However, iCue has always had issues for me (& many others as shown online), and as such, it's not a simple matter of "dislikes." In any case, i'll attempt to reinstall, freshly, the latest version, and see what happens. 

Edited to answer what I forgot: 

4. "What’s your hardware?  CUE Link AIO and QX fans?" 

It's in my profile, i'll copy/paste it here as well though: 

H150i  LCD / iCue 5.14.93 / 

Specs: 

Processor: 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900KS - 3.40 GHz 
                                 (Cooler: Corsair H150i LCD); 
                                 Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver); 
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming WiFi (BIOS 3401) 
RAM                 64.0 GB Trident G Skill Z5 DDR5 RGB (@5600) (Part #: F5-6000J3636F16G) 
GPU                    ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 OC Edition (@PCIEx16) 
Primary HD       MAIN/OS: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M2_2 2TB 
                        (in 2nd slot to prevent sharing with Vid Card that would reduce it from x16 to x8); 
Mouse:                Razer Naga Trinity 
Keyboard:          Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire 
PSU                      EVGA 1300 GT Gold "Supernova" 

Edited by Bill_Epstein

I'll reinstall...if I come back...issues persist. If not...obviously otherwise. 

1. Uninstalled ALL Corsair iCue Link related. This Includes Folders, Temp files, Registry entries...Using Revo Uninstaller. 

2. SAME issues: 

2(a). If I lock the pc, then unlock, the "cooling" profile for ONLY FAN 1 has set itself to "Balanced," despite them ALL being set to "Extreme," and ONLY Fan 1 is changed, not 2, not 3, not pump.

2(b) Fans are still not showing as correct when going in to set up an rgb custom profile. They show as correct in the "wizard" when moving them slightly to ensure "Fan 1" is linked to left, "Fan 2" linked to middle, "Fan 3" linked to right, moving outward from left to right from the plug-in end of the radiator. However, if I choose "Fan 1" while attempting to set a custom color, it is the middle fan, which is supposed to be "Fan 2," per the wizard and what I set up. Fan 2 is the far right, and fan 3 is the first. 

Uninstalling wiht Revo, reinstalling fresh 5.x iCue, changed nothing. 

3. New Issue after fresh install: I'm changing the names of the lighting layers, as i'm attempting to re-do a custom color profile. The names are literally changing back to default on some of them, by themselves. Example: Add lighting layer > click 3 dots beside default name, and change it to something like "Fan 1 Bottom" > ad more layers and do the same thing > click on one of my added custom layers > look and see random other ones, one or more, have changed back to default names...

The new fresh install doesn't seem to have helped, but it has given me something new.

Posted (edited)

Regarding Issue 3: It appears that if you name the layer, BEFORE clicking on any choice, such as "Custom," or any of the lighting zones to enable or disable them, it auto-reverts back to the default name. If you name it AFTER choosing any zone, or custom or pre-set option, it seems to be able to save the name. Just what i'm seeing, & good to know to save yourself time renaming  a bunch of layers you've clicked to add, then having to do so again if you don't choose something first so when you rename the layers they actually hold the name.

Edited to Add: The Graphics card colors are now reversed order after reinstall of iCue, where the zone choices were left to right on the card, in accordance with choosing left to right on the zones to choose to light them, now they are going right to left. I'm just sharing my experience, and what i'm seeing. 

Edited by Bill_Epstein

Update - Issue 2(a) - Reverting to Balanced fan speed for only Fan 1: 

I re-did my profile, manually, instead of simply pasting the old profile(s) back in, to ensure no corruption chance.

Now the Device profile driven by iCue will show as Fan 1 Extreme, but the Device Memory, which the AIO/Fans revert to when locking the pc, is still constantly reverting to "Balanced" and still only for one fan, Fan 1. 

Example: Profile Loaded and driven by iCue > Set fan profile & pump profile to "LCD Link Extreme" > Use toggle to change to "Device Memory Mode" & also set it to "LCD Link Extreme" for all fans & Pump > Lock PC > Fan 1 reduces rpm clearly > Unlock PC profile loads that is driven by iCue > Fan 1 rpm's spin up > check iCue driven profile it still shows as "Extreme" for all fans & pump (makes sense as I hear it spin up when unlocking pc and icue takes over) > check Device Memory Mode profile (using toggle to see it) > Device Memory Mode shows 2 of 3 fans at "Extreme" as previously selected for all, & pump at Extreme, but Fan 1 has reverted to "Balanced" 

This is repeatable, and constant...

Meanwhile, both the Device Memory Mode & iCue driven RGB profiles are staying as chosen (lights are correctly applied, on correct keys) for the K70 Keyboard.

Regarding the Aura Sync Plugin. iCue can't seem to control it properly. It can't detect the RAm which is expected as it isn't the type it can detect apparently. 

However, it will detect the GPU most of the time, and apply lighting, but it loses the motherboard completely and stops randomly applying the lighting. It has the Plugin. Aura is set to allow it to take control, and even says it is in "standby" mode when iCue is supposedly controlling it. 

In Aura I tell it to not sync with the GPU, but only wiht the RAM & Motherboard. I have to do this because iCue can't see my RAM so if I want it lit up Aura Sync has to do it, AND you can't remove Aura sync from syncing with the Motherboard, it simply won't allow you to, and tells you - "This device must be set as the default aura sync device." 

So, in order to have everything lit up, I have to have aura sync dealing wiht the RAM, iCue set to deal with MB (which it sometimes works to do, and simply overrides the Aura sync color which I have set to different colors to see what is controlling what as I test), and iCue set to deal with GPU (also overrides different color so I can tell it has control), & then to shut them all down, I have to go into Aura Sync and tell it shut off lights, and it shuts off gpu, ram, mb. Then I have a profile in iCue where everything is dark on the sliders (since there's no option to "shut off" in iCue). Then when I log off, or log out, all lights go out. 

Now, when I tell iCue to go into device memory mode, it darkens the fans to black, and the LCd to black, but it maintains control of the GPU & Mb and leaves them in the color profile chosen through iCure by me. Which is why I have to tell Aura Sync to shut off lights prior to locking pc, otherwise iCue only darkens the fans/pump per my "device memory mode" saved pre-set of "static color," but leaves the MB, & GPU set with the iCue colors lit. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Bill_Epstein said:

Update - Issue 2(a) - Reverting to Balanced fan speed for only Fan 1: 

I re-did my profile, manually, instead of simply pasting the old profile(s) back in, to ensure no corruption chance.

Now the Device profile driven by iCue will show as Fan 1 Extreme, but the Device Memory, which the AIO/Fans revert to when locking the pc, is still constantly reverting to "Balanced" and still only for one fan, Fan 1. 

Example: Profile Loaded and driven by iCue > Set fan profile & pump profile to "LCD Link Extreme" > Use toggle to change to "Device Memory Mode" & also set it to "LCD Link Extreme" for all fans & Pump > Lock PC > Fan 1 reduces rpm clearly > Unlock PC profile loads that is driven by iCue > Fan 1 rpm's spin up > check iCue driven profile it still shows as "Extreme" for all fans & pump (makes sense as I hear it spin up when unlocking pc and icue takes over) > check Device Memory Mode profile (using toggle to see it) > Device Memory Mode shows 2 of 3 fans at "Extreme" as previously selected for all, & pump at Extreme, but Fan 1 has reverted to "Balanced" 

This is repeatable, and constant...

Meanwhile, both the Device Memory Mode & iCue driven RGB profiles are staying as chosen (lights are correctly applied, on correct keys) for the K70 Keyboard.

So, after locking the pc a few times, and testing, it is sometimes reverting the device memory mode fan 1 to Balanced, sometimes leaving that profile unchanged, but reverting the fan 1 in iCue driven profile to Balanced from extreme.  It is literally picking and choosing, randomly which profile it wants to revert fan 1 from extreme to balanced for. 

I've tried everything I know to do, full uninstall wiht Revo, fresh re-install of latest version, checking, re-checking, checking again for good measure that the settings chosen are "extrmee" for 3 fans and pump, restarts of pc, restarts of iCue. iCue simply has a mind of its own at this point. 

One time it reverts the device memory fan 1 to balanced from extreme. Another time it reverts the iCue driven non device memory fan 1 ftom balanced from extreme. This last time it reverted BOTH to balanced for fan 1 from extreme. 

Soon it will be self-aware I guess...

Edited by Bill_Epstein

I've checked to ensure it isn't just falsely reporting in iCue that iCue is reverting Fan 1 to "Balanced" from "Extreme," but it isn't The actual RPM is half of what the "Extreme" settings show on Fan 2, 3, & you can hear it wind down, and up when changed back to Extreme in iCue. It isn't a false report, it is actually slowing down my fan from where I want it (Extreme pre-set) to where it wants it to be (Balanced pre-set) whenever I lock the pc. It does it in both Device Memory Mode, & non-memory/iCue driven mode, most times, though sometimes it only reverts fan 1 in one or the other, as mentioned. This is an app issue somewhere, OR the small square HUB they that came with the H150i LCD setup is having an issue. However,  It isn't doing this to all fans, and all of them are connected to the same Corsair HUB, and radiator. Also, it is doing it only to the fan wrongly labeled "Fan 1" but is the second in the row outward from the plug end of the radiator. 

None of this makes ANY sense to me.

FYI: I don't expect a solution here, as I am under the belief this is a Corsair coding, bugs, app, or hardware issue that requires Corsair to look into. However, if my information can assist in them finding possible issues, and possibly fixing them if they can be bothered to do so, then it's worth my time documenting here. Also, if others happen to come across these same issues, or are deciding which AIO or fans to buy, they can possibly get some information from this that might aid them in their decision. So, i'll post as I troubleshoot, and as I observe, and as I maybe find some solution. 

All I know, is that iCue is NOT responding correctly, and IS changing things on its own, and unless i'm absolutely a moron (not saying that's not possible, but...) then i'm not causing this, i'm not misunderstanding drop-down boxes to choose a pre-set fan speed profile, etc., and it is NOT me. Aura sync doesn't even have the ability to change iCue fan settings, and even IF it did, which i''ve certainly NOT chosen to have it do, it shouldn't randomly choose Fan 1, which is only connected through iCue link radiator plug and HUB, and ONLY constantly change that one, and constantly to "Balanced." I discount it being an Aura issue. 

This seems like a Corsair issue.

I am also having issue #2. Every time I reboot my PC and iCUE starts it switches 4 of my fans over to the "balanced" profile. Others on Reddit are having this problem with the latest iCUE update. 

• Like 1

There is definitely something going on with fan/pump curves and the "new" Device Memory Mode as well as some glitches when running from normal software mode.  There seem to be a lot of shades of this and new reports are coming in frequently for different gear.  At this point I am just trying to categorize into controller type -> Does X, when I do Y.  I am a little short on workarounds right now.

Older devices still show a static color option under custom in DDM.  My CUE Link stuff has no custom options.  Presets only.  I believe this to be an error as the CUE Link hub has higher hardware capabilities than most other devices and at a minimum there needs to be a static color option so you can do 0,0,0 (off).  

8 hours ago, c-attack said:

There is definitely something going on with fan/pump curves and the "new" Device Memory Mode as well as some glitches when running from normal software mode.  There seem to be a lot of shades of this and new reports are coming in frequently for different gear.  At this point I am just trying to categorize into controller type -> Does X, when I do Y.  I am a little short on workarounds right now.

Older devices still show a static color option under custom in DDM.  My CUE Link stuff has no custom options.  Presets only.  I believe this to be an error as the CUE Link hub has higher hardware capabilities than most other devices and at a minimum there needs to be a static color option so you can do 0,0,0 (off).  

1. "My CUE Link stuff has no custom options.  Presets only." 

Exactly. That's what I also mentioned. I can ONLY save their pre-sets, and no custom, which also creates other issues. 

2. " There seem to be a lot of shades of this and new reports are coming in frequently for different gear." Yes, this. Many of these issues, are absolutely across all variables of machines-builds, and software used. IT is not simply dismissible as "we can't predict the combinations of hardware and software..."  

3. " At this point I am just trying to categorize into controller type..." Sounds to me, like you're saying you're just trying to do what many of us are trying to do...Make it work as best as possible, circumventing the bugs/issues as much as possible, and hoping Corsair actually fixes their issues. I could be misunderstanding, but if i'm correct, then I agree. That is what i'm trying to do, but the illogic, and randomness of some of these issues, is beyond the scope of being able to circumvent some of them, for many people. I see my issue, the fan being auto-reduced if I lock my PC as a kind of big one. I don't want the cooling to be reduced by reducing my fan, which is why I set it as I did. I also don't want to have to leave my PC unlocked when away from it, to cater to a misbehaving program. 

4. " at a minimum there needs to be a static color option so you can do 0,0,0 (off)." 

Again...Exactly. The end result, in my mind, is either they have HORRIBLE quality assurance/testing, and just throw this stuff out there trying to save man-hours and effort; OR, they know it's full of bugs and they just throw it out there. Either thought is not a good one. The fact is, some, i'd argue MANY of the issues/bugs seen in the iCue software are not easily dismissed by the old excuse of "..there are so many combinations of hardware & software,....you can never test for (insert option here) or (insert another option here)..." excuses. Those are the typical excuses that bad coding, and misbehaving app creators like to hide behind, and SOMETIMES, yes, they are correct, and those are very relevant, and valid excuses.  However, often they are used to cover for bad Q/A, and poor coding (imho). In this case, where you see so many people, seeing so many issues, that are common across so many complaints, I absolutely do NOT believe the excuses are applicable, nor reasonable to allow them to hide behind. 

This time, i'm absolutely saying - "They failed, their Q/A "testing was horrible," and i'll go a step further & say I believe there is NO WAY they couldn't, ?& didn't, know some of the issues were present. My opinion, but I stand by it, and I believe at WORST circumstantial evidence supports it, even If I can't pull out a "smoking gun" to win the case. 

As a side note, the "triangles" pattern of thermal paste they sent the H150i with, is horrible, and seems more to be in accordance with them trying to save money by reducing quality and increasing the risk to their customer's CPU. IF it works for some people, good for them, but I could not get it to handle much stress. I tried to use it as it came, just so I could say "I tried," and have some knowledge on the matter. Ended up pulling pump back off, and applying my own, in my desired quantity, as i've done many times throughout the years. It is my opinion, that in an effort to reduce overhead, increase profits, and please shareholders, etc., they are reducing not only quality of product, but quality of controlling program. 

Again, just my opinions...but I didn't just wake up and decide "I'll tlak bad about Corsair today..." there's a lot of my own, and others', experiences supporting my opinion. Others may choose to think differently, their choice. 

I guess time will tell, regarding both the company in general, & the current state of the iCue latest version. 

In any case, I appreciate your time, and your response, and I agree. I can't say they won't fix the issues, but I CAN absolutely say I have seen an overall downward trend in quality, & proper functioning of their iCue software, as well as cutting corners with their hardware at times, over the years, and it is something that I, and many others, have mentioned. I just want the software to " Does X, when I do Y" as you do, and many other do, & not only am I "...a little short on workarounds right now.," to say the least, but quite disappointed in the fact that often Corsair (among other companies) believe the standard of "We throw it out...you fix it for us, and be our guinea-pig testers, hope it doesn't cause you issues" is unacceptable, and it is not too much to ask, by those of us spending our money on their products/programs, to expect a higher standard. I'm not saying "Corsair is the worst company on the planet..." but I sure do NOT think they're getting "Better" (by definition) overall, and the trend seems to show the opposite direction for them. 

These are my opinions...Others are free to disagree...

Enjoy your day...

Posted (edited)

I almost forgot...as a die note...I AM a fan of RGB, though it has taken several years for it to "grow on me," having dismissed it as a "meh, whatever" for many years. lol. Excuse the lack of wire management at the bottom, it's an older case, and I had ot make a choice between buying the H150i recently, or spending more on a decent case with better cooling and wire management ability. There isn't much room on the other side of this case to run everything in a way i'm comfortable with, so I do the best I can. In any "case" (pun intended)...I like the static lighting options, but iCue needs to make it possibly to save static custom colors, just like I can do on the keyboard. Hopefully, the lack of that option currently, is not a "working as intended" scenario. 

*Note: Temps shown are - Top/Red CPU Package not under load & Bottom Blue Coolant Temp. no load. 

Case Lighting 1.jpg

Edited by Bill_Epstein

Regarding the K70 Keyboard & iCue. I CAN save my custom static colors to it's device memory, BUT, there is no option to save the custom choices of what the buttons do, such as the "lock" button at the top right that you can have it to toggle the functionality of the "windows" and "alt+F4" key combos. That button ONLY works as intended IF the keyboard is running off of iCue, NOT device memory. Are you telling me that iCue can't handles setting that in the keyboard, or that the keyboard's device memory can store custom static lighting, but NOT capable of being able to store the button functionality? Again, I say..."Come on, Corsair, wtf."  The iCue software is failing to do what it should be able to do, in many cases, & I honestly see it getting worse as they try to add to it, before fixing what is wrong with it at the base structure of the program first. This seems to be a common approach by many...improve and add, neglect the structural basics that eventually cause a complete failure. My opinions...

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, tomwarren said:

I am also having issue #2. Every time I reboot my PC and iCUE starts it switches 4 of my fans over to the "balanced" profile. Others on Reddit are having this problem with the latest iCUE update. 

Yeah, it is reported a lot from what I can see. iCue needs some serious fixing, and tweaking...

Edited by Bill_Epstein

Posted (edited)

Another Issue: I restarted my pc. When I looked at the LCD screen, it had completely lost the readout for the "Package" temp, and instead was showing a "0." So, I then went into iCue, and the "Package Temp." option no longer exists under (starting at top bar) iCue Link H150 LC > "screen setup" > then sensors drop down boxes, neither have the option anymore. Either the plugin i installed through the settings menu of i?Cue, for Intel Asus, or something else, caused it to completely lose any reading, or any option to read "package" temp. 

Just figured i'd document this as well...

Update: Had to restart iCue numerous times, then it began reading package temp again...

Edited by Bill_Epstein

Posted (edited)

A few other people have reported the loss of package temp on this release, but all of them were AMD and that has been on ongoing issue for a while on some of those models.  You're the first I have seen on Intel and my XD5 LCD pump will show CPU package temp for my 13900K and it is present in CUE as a data point and source.  Normally I would say do a clean install, but you've already done that.  Not sure why package temp is missing for you.  

Edited by c-attack

On 5/9/2024 at 4:30 PM, c-attack said:

A few other people have reported the loss of package temp on this release, but all of them were AMD and that has been on ongoing issue for a while on some of those models.  You're the first I have seen on Intel and my XD5 LCD pump will show CPU package temp for my 13900K and it is present in CUE as a data point and source.  Normally I would say do a clean install, but you've already done that.  Not sure why package temp is missing for you.  

1. "...You're the first I have seen on Intel.." 

Makes sense, if it can happen, i'm normally one of the ones whom get to experience it, despite the low probability. lol 

2. ... my XD5 LCD pump will show CPU package temp .." 

Ya, it went away, but as I said..."Update: Had to restart iCue numerous times, then it began reading package temp again...: It did come back again as an option to choose, but only after a few restarts of iCue.  So, at least it came back. 

3. "Not sure why package temp is missing for you." 

Being honest, considering I am convinced the issue i've experienced are 100% iCue, not "user error," nor user caused, nor hardware, nor system composition, at this point, unless you are one of the Devs for iCue, or even a Corsair tech., or some other higher-tier Corsair employee, I don't expect you, or anyone else to "know" why these things are happening, nor do I expect solutions from you.  I do expect some people, such as yourself, might have suggestions as to what they have tried which may have been temporary fixes, or troubleshooting steps I haven't considered, or etc., possible "Bandaids" for a program wiht many confirmed issues at this point, but often worth trying to circumvent the issues until/if iCue fixes their program. That, and to documenting what i'm finding, as mentioned in another post, is why i'm posting here. This isn't your cause, nor your responsibility to fix, (again, unless you're a Dev for iCue, lol), and as such, i'm not expecting you to have the answers. The basics of - Clean uninstall > Clean Install > try it again, and other such steps, is one of the processes I normally do prior to deciding whether or not it is MY issue, specifically, halff my issue, or their issue. 

At this point, i'm convinced, from reading many comments, troubleshooting, testing, observing, etc., that iCue needs fixes, for multiple issues. I'm NOT entirely convinced that every issue is iCue's issue, but many are, and what i've experienced, I firmly believe, until I see some other evidence to the contrary on my end, that those issues are at the foot of Corsair/iCue. 

I just want them to fix it, and to stop watching it, and Corsair seemingly doing what most big corporations tend to do...degrade Quality, for Quantity & profits, & make what they put out "work" correctly. 

In any case, I appreciate the suggestions, and your time I'll post what/if anything else, I come across, to document, and that's about all that I can do (other than learn to code, apply to Corsair to work on iCue, & attempt to fix it myself, which i'm not at all interested in doing; 🙂 ). I'm no "coder," nor do I claim to have the knowledge to state that something is 1200% caused by X, or Y, only arrive at conclusions based upon the information available to me, and my own experiences. If information changes, i'll adapt, or assimilate, and perhaps my opinion will change. Until then, I say "It's Corsair/iCue." 

Enjoy your day...

As a Side note, but relevant:  

As an example, of my ability to also be incorrect, I was having alll kinds of random crashes of only specific game I use. It was random with time before crash, and was only specific ones. I was CERTAIN it was their issues, because no other of the many games I play, would crash, at all. Yet this one would crash constantly after a period of play. I finally decided to go in, and tweak the power settings, after quite a bit of reading of posts by people having similar, though not exact, issues. Many claiming it was related to power setting of the RAM they had raised the speed of to get closer to maximum ability. I discounted that for a while, then finally decided I was being stupid to not attempt to test it. Sure enough, once I tweaked the voltages of the specific settings, including the controller, BAM...4 days now, not a crash in that game. So, I know it CAN be "me," but it Also is often "them." In this case, with what I do know, have seen/read, and experienced...I believe it is "them." Just throwing this out there. 

Regarding iCue losing ability to read CPU Package temp (stated in a previous comment): It happens every time I restart the pc, at this point. I don't restart often, occasionally just to clear things out, & if I need to see something in BIOS, etc. Otherwise, it runs the majority of the time. As such, I didn't notice this was a repetitive issue, until today, when I needed to check some things in BIOS, & also move the pc for a bit. I'm assuming that the solution to this, is what I did before...restarting iCue one, or multiple times, until it finally decides to read the package temp again. Just mentioning this here. 

On 5/9/2024 at 1:00 PM, Bill_Epstein said:

Yeah, it is reported a lot from what I can see. iCue needs some serious fixing, and tweaking...

On 5/9/2024 at 1:04 AM, tomwarren said:

Same issue here, with my K55 RGB PRO, every time I lock the computer, I loose keyboard ilumination and it does not come back when I unlock it.
The Sabre mouse however works fine.
This issue happens on an Intel i5, Windows 11, latest iCue version 5.14.93

I have tested the same keyboard and mouse on AMD,  Windows 10, and iCue 5.9.115 and no problems there. I am not updating that one!!!

Why doesn't Corsair put a couple of early versions available as a full installer download, just while this is been resolved?

• Like 1